Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drills setting alarm off

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

hi

i didnt know where else to put this- so if its in the wrong place please move it.

Long story short the corporation are doing upgrades to certian houses in my square, they are putting in vents(as the houses are v old) and puttn in new bathrooms - rads ect.

Basically they are using an industrial drill and it is making my walls vibrate and setting off my house alarm. I have all the doors and windows in my house alarmed and everytime they start the drill it sets it off.

Its ok when im home but today i had to go to town and i set my alarm, and 10 mins into town 2 neighbours called my mobile saying my alarm was going off.Its a very loud alarm and the whole square hears it when it goes off. I cant not have my alarm on as someone tried to break into my house 2 weeks ago and there was another break in across the road yesterday morning so im not taking the risk.

The corporation have said they were under no obligation to inform me this work would be happening (heaven forbid id a baby in the house)

The problem is my partner and i both have jobs and i cant leave my house unalarmed in case its broken into. Should i inform my insurance company of this or what should/can i do.

I put it here because its more of a worry regarding insurance not helping if alarms off than anything

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

If I were you I'd phone the insurance company and explain the situation with them... note the time of the call and the person you were dealing with.

Alternatively, give the key and alarm code to a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

tony81 wrote: »
    Alternatively, give the key and alarm code to a neighbour.

one of my neighbours had a spare key and the alarm code but this woman works during the day so nothing she can do if alarm goes off.Shes the only one i trust with the key and code tbh

Doubt the work will be longer than 2 weeks but its just until then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Leave the alarm on, if any one complains tell them who is at fault.

I'd not be leaving my alarm off in the hope the insurance company accept your reason of doing so if you got broken into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Is it a condition of your insurance that your alarm must be on? If not then just leave the alarm off. Personally I'd probably leave it off for the duration even if it is.

Advertisement