Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had any complaints with Diesel sold in Loughrea. My car which is only 4 months old had developed a serious fault and I am told by main dealer that it is the diesel that caused the fault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

not really, but prices have been surprisingly low in the town the past year or so depending where you buy. one did close down near the GAA pitch which had been trading a few cent cheaper than others. did you use the same spot all the time or mix and match? would be good to know where to avoid/be wary of.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

I always buy my diesel at the same station simply because I trusted the quality of fuel they sold. Never have I mixed from a different station. I know about the one that closed but I never went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Can u PM me and let me know where? I used that cheaper place twice but got about 60 miles less per tank. oh and my car broke down few weeks after cos of dirty fuel.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Can u PM me and let me know where? I used that cheaper place twice but got about 60 miles less per tank. oh and my car broke down few weeks after cos of dirty fuel.
    Would appreciate that PM too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The place that closed down was selling laundered fuel.
    I always get mine in the place just up from the motor factor shop, Topaz is the most realible according to AA, better to pay a cent or two extra for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Out for a walk with the dog yesterday evening and seen new place open across from corrib oil. called safe fuels!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

UPDATE--- mentioned my problem to the proprietor of the filling station. He was what I would say "not shocked" when I explained my problem. I gave hin a sample of "bad" diesel and was told it would be forwarded to his supplier and he would get back to me.
    I do not wish to give either in private or on public forum the name of said filling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

UPDATE--- mentioned my problem to the proprietor of the filling station. He was what I would say "not shocked" when I explained my problem. I gave hin a sample of "bad" diesel and was told it would be forwarded to his supplier and he would get back to me.
    I do not wish to give either in private or on public forum the name of said filling station.

Sure why don't you just go to one of the other filling stations around the town if you aren't happy with the fuel.

great, the rest of us just guess where we might be filling our cars with dodgy diesel!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Well personally i'm pretty glad that iamthemanwork has brought this to peoples attention and brought it to the attention of the owner of the station.

He has never had a problem there before, so you would have to assume that it may be a case of the supplier sending him a bad batch of fuel. If this is the case, then it would have affected more than just him. But, all of this is just speculation until we are told otherwise.

I also think that he is right in keeping the name of the filling station private until they have a chance to come back to him. Which hopefully they will.

I have never had a problem with any petrol station in Loughrea, and i use 3 of them regularly enough, never used the one opposite Corrib Oil though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

you need to contact customs, and give them the sample get him shutdown fast. Fecking hell man, that stuff is eating through the fuel pumps of cars. I wouldnd mind last week i was stuck near loughrea for fuel and put 20 euros in that filling station on let coming into town, i wouldnt put any more in it for fear..

Advertisement