Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frightened rabbit tour of Ireland, September

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

frightened rabbit 14th sept, Academy Dublin, €18, tickets on sale next Wednesday I believe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Have to go to this! Discovered them when I went to see death cab for cutie a few years ago and fell in love with their music!

Oh crap just seen the date...it's the day before I get back from my holidays...absolutely gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

Some pretty random spots they are playing, which can only be great! An Bodhran in Mitchelstown for example...

IRELAND & NORTHERN IRELAND TOUR

Thurs, 6th Sept || Portrush, Playhouse
    **On sale 28th June 9am**

Fri, 7th Sept || Navan, Swan Lane

Sat, 8th Sept || Michelstown, An Bodhran

Sun, 9th Sept || Dundalk, Spirit Store

Tues, 11th Sept || Dublin, Doyles Bar
    **Tickets available on the door**

Weds, 12th Sept || Cork, Cyprus Avenue
    **Pre-sale 27th June 9am // On sale 28th June 9am**

Thurs, 13th Sept || Galway, Rosini Dubh

Fri, 14th Sept || Dublin, Academy

Sat, 15th Sept || Belfast, Empire

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Have to hit the Doyles gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Ah nice! I missed their last gig a while back. Might go to Doyles as well as the Academy.

Any idea what Doyles is like for a gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

They're playing Doyles on a Tuesday which will be The Ruby Sessions. It's 3/4 bands and a full acoustic show. Maybe 1 tom/snare. It's a tiny stage and venue. Normally €6-8 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Definitely going to the Cork gig, hopefully to the Mitchelstown one, possibly the Academy and Doyle's would be cool too!

/fanboying

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw them support Death Cab and they were amazing!

The Midnight Organ Fight quickly became one of my favourite albums!

Wholeheartedly recommend them!

Got my tickets for Cork and The Academy in the presale this morning :) Can't wait!!

Definitely going to the Cork gig, hopefully to the Mitchelstown one, possibly the Academy and Doyle's would be cool too!

/fanboying

I have been told the Mitchelstown Gig will now be in Walsh's bar and that it will be pay on the door, around €5 on the night. It will be an acoustic session by the lead singer Scott Hutchison. Doyles may well be like this too, it will def be acoustic as it is a Ruby Sessions gig. I would say it will be a 30-45 min set max as there are normally 3-4 acts per night.

Tickets on sale now for the below. If you go into the old oak bar they have tickets at face value, €15 for Cyprus avenue.

WEDS, 12th SEPT || CORK, CYPRUS AVENUE
    Pre-sale Tickets // General Sale Tickets

THURS, 13th SEPT || GALWAY, ROSIN DUBH

FRI, 14th SEPT || DUBLIN, ACADEMY

SAT, 15th SEPT || BELFAST, EMPIRE

• Advertisement

^ frightened rabbit have posted on their Facebook that ALL band members will be playing, so it won't be just Scott, it will be frightened rabbit :)

thanks dee... Saw it on their twitter after you posted, its great news, prob try and catch an acoustic and full session!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kaz_corcoran

Anyone know what's going on with the Doyles gig? Its gone off their website, and a few people have asked them on twitter and facebook but they're not responding?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Released a fantastic full-band live acoustic record recently, a repeat of that would be much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Basq wrote: »
    The Midnight Organ Fight quickly became one of my favourite albums!

Just listening to this album at the moment, and I am enjoying it. But the singers voice - does it not grate a little for anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Doyles gig... is this the Doyles bar beside Trinity? and can you ONLY get tickets on the night? I'm away on the 14th so will miss the academy but will be really interested in the Doyles gig.

*Think I said Doyles too much in that sentence.

Nearly there! :D

Tickets for the acoustic gig in Mitchelstown are available on Tickets.ie now: https://tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/frightened-rabbit-acoustic-show-walshs-bar-08-September-2012/G8WVR

Seeing them in Cork and Dublin... Can't decide whether to go to Mitchelstown too. Tickets are 7 euro, which is nothing, but I don't drive so I'll probably have to stay there for the night! Ah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Ham Sandwich supporting them in an accosutic gig for the Mitchelstown one

Advertisement