Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Fat Cutting

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've been doing a lot of reading online and I've been talking to mate of mine who gym it regularly but I've not been able to get a answer to my questions.

So I've being hitting the gym since Xmas and I've done a number of different programs. I'm currently on a stonglift program.

But my question is;

Is it possible to cut my bodyfat & weight while getting stronger.

I'm currently at 173 lbs with a BF% 15.2...

My goals are to reach 161lbs with a BF% of circa 9%...

I'm currently working on cleaning my diet at the moment, and getting to the gym. But I'm just in need of advice and guidance.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The answer to your question is yes.

And it will all be controlled by what you eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hanley wrote: »
    The answer to your question is yes.

And it will all be controlled by what you eat.

So what should I be looking to set my calories at. I've cut my intake in the past but I've not been keeping track of it for a few months now. When I was measuring my intake, I was taking in circa 2,200cals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Realisticly it's pretty hard to gain strength while cutting but it can be done but I'm going to tell you now it is not easy as your in a calorie deficit.

When I'm cutting I always end up losing a bit of strength resulting in me lifting a bit lighter which is expected and tbh safer because when your in a calorie deficit your more prone to injury etc from your training due to lack of cals, nutrients etc. Might be worth your while stacking a good multi-vit for those reasons too.

Also just encase its any help to you, I'm hearing good things about a supplement called compound 20 similar to clenblutoral, it's legal though and is meant to cut fat while helping to gain strenght/lean mass without the side effects of clen. Might be worth a try or a look into.

Advertisement