Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H and H+ on iPhone

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Im on Meteor with the iPhone 4S and im having issues with 3G dropping off as soon as my phone rings, and not moving from Wifi to 3G straight away. I have seen other (cheaper phones) that connect to H and H+ (on meteor) but my phone has never had this... Meteor and the iPhone both support it. just wondering if anyone has any ideas about this? and if the iphone should connect to H, along with 3G and E

Cheers :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

H isn't one of the icons which appears on the iPhone, there are only 4G/3G/E/o

H or H+ probably refers to HSDPA, which is a 3G network. iPhone supports HSDPA, but will only show a 3G icon when you're connected, so you won't know exactly what type of connection you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

aaaah okay! I have seen it on loads of android devices and always wondered why I wasnt able to get it

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

brennra, theres a forum over on Meteor about the iPhone 4S, some users are having issues coming off wifi to 3g.

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/Issues-With-Iphone-4s/td-p/29587/page/6

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

Cool thanks for that! Have just asked a few people about the H and 3G, found a few that have H on theirs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Did someone tell you they get a H on an iPhone. If so thats simply not true

• Advertisement
Advertisement