Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance...Will I be covered???

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have a serious question here regarding my phone. I was robbed while away in Poland at the Euro's. Wallet robbed and phone stolen. Partly my fault. I fell asleep outside my apartment in a private complex whilst waiting for the lads to arrive home with the key. I was asleep in our patio area but is accesible to anyone. Anyhow I was robbed while I was asleep.

Yes I had a few drinks on board, but everything was in my pockets. I went to the Polish police.........waste of time...off loaded me to Irish Garda working over there. Explained the situation to the Garda, extremely helpful and told me that when I got home I could get a report in the local station.

I'm wondering if my claim will still be upheld, even though I have a statement after the time and also was not able to ring the phone company to cut off the phone. My brother brought me a new sim over and a spare phone I had but it was still outside the 24 hours of reporting the phone.

Is it pointless trying to go ahead with this claim??

Advertisement