Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Increase in prices in Lidl

• 21-06-2012 4:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

Why have the prices on items in lidl increased like cola went from 55c to 79c
    lidls own brand bars beside the dairy milk went from 80c to 1euro why did they increase when these were the prices for years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

these were the prices for years
    Standard inflation. But also I think sugar prices have been going up.

Also marketing practice. They might have started low to get people to try them, now people have tasted them and realised they are high quality and on a par with, or better than, coke/dairy milk they will be willing to pay more.

I value real/lidl/supervalu versions of twix bars equally. I value lidl/aldi decent chocolate higher than dairymilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not only sugar, but things like cocoa, coffee etc. that are traded on the world commodity markets are subject to price fluctuations when supplies are limited due to bad crops in certain key countries. Supply and demand to put it simply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

rubadub wrote: »
    Standard inflation. But also I think sugar prices have been going up.

Also marketing practice. They might have started low to get people to try them, now people have tasted them and realised they are high quality and on a par with, or better than, coke/dairy milk they will be willing to pay more.

I value real/lidl/supervalu versions of twix bars equally. I value lidl/aldi decent chocolate higher than dairymilk.

+1. Super value twix's are identical. 5 (smaller) bars for €1.13. No brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

Now the Freeway Diet Coke has been replaced with a 'Premium Diet Coke' which has nothing on the Freeway - anyone know if the Freeway Diet Coke is coming back??

I was happier to pay the higher price for something that was half decent now the lower price is just for pure crap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭phormium

Lidl also seem to have changed supplier for their large eggs, they are much smaller than the last ones and the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

phormium wrote: »
    Lidl also seem to have changed supplier for their large eggs, they are much smaller than the last ones and the same price.
    The Egg market has been in a bit of turmoil since the battery ban came in, lost of producers have simply quit instead of changing over.
    Egg prices have risen a good bit since the ban came in.

Advertisement