Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Epos with New Website

Options
  • 21-06-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Has anyone any experience with good available solutions that integrate a Bricks and Mortar Shop's Epos with their online website.
    What I mean is that the website's inventory would be live and match the database/inventory of the BnM's inventory. If an item sells out in a shop it would automatically sell out online. This would also enable us to have a larger inventory put online and enable us not to have a dedicated warehouse/sepearate inventory to be stored for the website?

Hope that makes sense and if anyone has experience in the area, any feedback would be much appreciated.
    CF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

For selling online it is much easier if you have a good pos system that integrates well online. The one i use is quite old now and has very poor web integration so make sure that you get this right. Look at microsoft and oracle systems as well. I am going with a company if the UK for my next website, they have a list of pos systems that they recommend here (http://www.visualsoft.co.uk/multi-channel-ecommerce-23.html)

Some on that list might have Irish resellers, just make sure the POS works well for both web and your shop(s) and that the system will work well with what you are selling. I use a POS for selling shoes but it mightn’t necessarily work well with other items so you need to thoroughly make sure that what you are going with fits the needs of the stock you sell and gives you all the bells and whistles for online and other benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Do you already have an EPOS in place?

Be very wary of custom-built solutions. I've seen companies seemingly save thousands of Euros by going with a custom-built solution and then paying tens or hundreds of thousands to fix all the problems (not helped by their provider going out of business). Go with an off-the-shelf solution from an established (10 year+) EPOS-ecommerce vendor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

We use www.bluepark.co.uk shop in a box software which is a superb product and then upload the actual stock from our ERP system as .csv files a couple of times a day... work well for us.

Advertisement