Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside the Ropes - Dun Laoghaire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Nice read fair play guys. I personally think the course at its best is the upper then the middle. Any of you find it almost links like ? The fairways are cut so tight and sand based. If course is dry at all it plays very firm and landing balls and trying to hold them on the green is very tough.

Anyway delighted to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Club house really lets the place down though doesn't it. Could do with a revamp ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

Good read on the lads thoughts there.. By god that was some LONG rough in one of the pics.. nice to see you's all stuck together as a 4 ball and all followed suit into the drink!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Cheers, it was a very positive return visit and the greens staff must be run off their feet to keep it in such good shape. Here are three pics from the day:

v4o35u.jpg
    2l8auqw.jpg
    24ypmqg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Great photos Kevin, took me awhile to identify the last one (9th Upper), yes green keepers do a marvellous job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Deffo on my short list this year, one to add to the "played it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Greens must have improved over the past month or so. A few from our club played up there and said the greens weren't great. Superb course all the same and I think there are plans for another 9 holes.

Advertisement