Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped of for accomodation in poland

Options
  • 21-06-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

I'm just back from the euros and had a great time. However, the 1st 3 nights we stayed in the carlsberg fancamp where you can stay in pre pitched or your own tents. I booked 2 tents (both two man tents) as there was four of us. I also did in in two transactions in order to get free pre pitched tents. This was booked back in march and got a confirmation email so thought everything was fine.

So got to poznan and showed them confirmation email and they sadi thats ok here is the number of your tent. But no mention of the second tent. They said i had only booked one 2 man tent so the other 2 lads had no accom. I remembered my account being debited for the tents but couldnt remember how much so i thought maybe i had just processed one. So i paid in cash (200e) there for the extra tent for the other 2 lads. Checking back on my account today i see that they did actually debit the 2 transactions (200e each) back in march.

I have sent an email to the contact address on the carlsberg fancamp website but have not heard anything. Whats more annoying was that the place was an absolute ****hole as well. Anyways is there anything else to do? Could my bank do a chargeback even though the transaction was completed back in march?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You could do a chargeback for the tent you didnt get, but get on to it asap as I think you have 3 months to start a chargeback. Whether you get the chargeback is another thing. Can they prove you get 2 tents?

Advertisement