Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect Additional PIR

Options
  • 21-06-2012 6:22pm
    Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi

I am trying to connect another PIR to my home alarm system.
    The attached diagram shows the wiring setup.

I am having trouble understanding how the exisiting PIR works. It seems to me that it should have six wires connected in total:

2 for the Power
    2 for the Tampler
    2 for the Alarm

Mine however has just four wires connecting it together with the two resistors which seem to make up the required circuits but I cannot see how. Nevertheless it works so I am clearly missing something.

I would appreciate any help in explaining how this circuitry works and how to go about re-wiring the new PIR.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

it's wired with Duel EOL resistors.Do you want to wire another pir off that same cable?

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Readyhed

KoolKid wrote: »
    it's wired with Duel EOL resistors.Do you want to wire another pir off that same cable?

Yes. I want to do exactly that but I also would like to understand how the thing works.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Readyhed

OK.

I have had a look at WIKi on the subject of Dual EOL resistors and I am beginning to understand how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_loop

Thanks for that.

Now to Wiring the new PIR.

Can I simply re-route the Yellow wire through the two N/C terminals on the new PIR first and for the tamper do the same with the Blue wire and the two "T" terminals. ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should only have 1 PiR on each zone.
    Do you have any spare zones on the panel?
    What alarm panel have you.?

Advertisement