Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Save a few euro on windows here

Don't think you need to be a student

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Save a few euro on windows here

Don't think you need to be a student

i am a student well, just finished my leaving cert, but they only give you upgrade cds and i feel more confident installing a full version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

i am a student well, just finished my leaving cert, but they only give you upgrade cds and i feel more confident installing a full version

Just get the upgrade version, it's really easy to install it as a fresh install. Loads of guides on the internet if you have a look, and with that money you could up the motherboard to this.

Eboggles wrote: »
    Just get the upgrade version, it's really easy to install it as a fresh install. Loads of guides on the internet if you have a look, and with that money you could up the motherboard to this.

In what ways is that motherboard better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=46920&agid=1601&apop=3

If you could add a few more quid this board would be so much better because you could upgrade to a quad and overclock .

• Advertisement

In what ways is that motherboard better?

SATA 3 6GB/S, and USB 3.0.

SATA 3 6GB/S, and USB 3.0.

Is the Sata 3 for things like a SSD or will it make all sata components faster (Sorry im new at this :L)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

only SSDs will benefit from sata 3 ports. The data transfer rates of conventional storage devices (hard drives, dvd drive, etc) will not benefit at all from being connected to sata 3 ports. SSD's will still blow hard drives out of the water when connected to a sata 2 port, however the transfer speeds will be bottlenecked (reduced) by the limitations of sata 2.

Sata 3/2 are backward compatible.

What I'm trying to say is: What's better? Win7 + USB 2.0 + SATA 2, or Win7 + USB 3.0 + SATA 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

What I'm trying to say is: What's better? Win7 + USB 2.0 + SATA 2, or Win7 + USB 3.0 + SATA 3?

USB 3.0 + SATA 3 is better.

• Advertisement

I think i have to go with the cheaper motherboard, i have to keep the costs as low as possible it is a present and dont want to be ****ing with my parents but thanks for you

I think i have to go with the cheaper motherboard, i have to keep the costs as low as possible it is a present and dont want to be ****ing with my parents but thanks for you

It's the same price?

It's the same price?

its 15 euro dearer,

But you're saving €25 by getting Windows from software4students, thus negating the extra €15. Surely you can scab from your parents a tiny bit more even if you don't get the upgrade edition? :p

So its really worth it? And yeh im getting the upgrade

Yes I think it's well worth it.

Advertisement