Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Health Insurance

Options
  • 21-06-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a plan with Aviva Health for the last 2 years,paying 94 euros per month.i put a claim in last year and got paid which i was happy about.with the plan i had i could get 30 euro back for sessions i got with physio,massage theaparist reflexology etc.I could have 25 session with each 1 and get back half of what i paid back up to a max of 30 euro per session.They have now reduced this to 4 session per the above which is a hugh drop from last years 25.
    Anyway i submitted my claim with the receipts etc to be told that they will not be paying because last year was paid in error.They cover Physio but not Physical Therapist.They is very little difference between both qualifactions,i am fairly sure Physical Therapist are more hands on.

They also said that i quote A massage therapist must be a member of the Irish Massage Therapists Assocation or a person holding an equivalent qualifaction OUTSIDE Ireland.

I was very annoyed that i had to take pictures in my Theapist work place and e mail these on the the claim dept which stated that he has a qualifaction for Massage Theapary but this is with the Irish Assocation Of Physical Therapists.

If he lived in the UK and had this qualifaction they would seem to pay.

i have e mail 6/8 times got responces 3/4 times.I have rang 10 times often waiting for up to 10 minutes before you would get through.There customer service is terrible,this claim has been going on nearly 3 months.

Please come back with any suggestions you have

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i find the fact that last years mistakes are being punished on your this year and your benefits this year are being tampered with due to their mistakes.
    I wonder would the HIA be the best people to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

The reason you are not getting paid is because physical therapy visits were not covered under Everyday Level 2 plan.

They paid last year, in error, as a physio visit, which is covered. The angle to try would be to go in on the line that as they previously paid for the benefit it would be fair to assume that they would continue to pay as it was the same practioner and same service. Now that the mistake has been noticed they could acknowledge and let you know in future they would not pay under this plan. However Everyday level 2 plan has been discontinued to be replaced with another plan which now covers physical therapy for 4 visits, definitions below. You could also change your plan to have 24 visits and it is cheaper than the one you are currently on. Aviva allow you change your plan during the policy year.

PS- a chartered physiotherapist would be very upset to hear that they are the same or lesser than a physical therapist

• Registered Users Posts: 13 martiga

Have to agree with post above, if it's not covered under your plan then I amazed why your shocked.
    At least there not askin for the payment back.
    I think Aviva are excellent, claimed last year and they where superb, but you have to understand regardless if there little difference I'n the procedure mentioned if its nit covered it's not covered.
    Hope you get sorted of course and get well soon.

Advertisement