Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you trust anyone 100% with your money?

• 21-06-2012 7:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

With Adam Clayton in the court today over money and trust issues, a question springs to mind... Would you trust anyone 100% with your money?

I would trust my present wife - my previous one, no way but my present one, yes.
    I would also trust my best man of my wedding (should something happen to me, close a few times!) to take care of things financial-wise.

Anyone willing to say their would have complete faith in another person with their dosh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

What money ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Certainly not Ulster Bank anyway! *****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

The Government

...NOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

No, in my experience people can change dramatically when there is money involved. I trust myself and that is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

My family 110%. plus I've given my bank card and pin to friends to get me money from the hole in the wall and vice versa. Is that what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭Archeron

Only Prince Ngyobe Muboso. He's putting my money to work!! I feel honoured that he chose me because of my very trustworthy email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Id trust my close family, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

I don't even trust myself with my own money so where do you go from there? I definitely don't trust Ladbrokes with my money but who do you blame? The jockey? The trainer? Or your own stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

If they where selling me Swiss Government bonds than yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rasheed wrote: »
    My family 110%. plus I've given my bank card and pin to friends to get me money from the hole in the wall and vice versa. Is that what you mean?

Partly.
    For those also with stocks/shares, etc.
    Even other assets which could be turned also into monetary cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Biggins wrote: »
    Partly.
    For those also with stocks/shares, etc.
    Even other assets which could be turned also into monetary cash.

All my assets, other then money, are currently eating grass behind the house! Serious money in cattle now and I'd still trust my family with anything of value that's mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

I would trust my present wife - my previous one, no way but my present one, yes.?

Can I ask,did you trust your previous wife when you were with her?

As to your question,yes,Had to ask people to go to the bank machine for me over the years and at times when I couldn't get online,my sister would do my online banking for me.

mmmmm,maybe to trusting at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Yes, I have one very close friend who sorted my girlfriend and me out in a time of dire need when we were in South America and had one of our cards robbed and couldn't use another - we just stuck a few grand in her account and she'd send a chunk over by Western Union as soon as we needed it.

Not many people on earth I'd trust to do that, when we started scratching our heads on how to solve our predicament she was the first and only person who sprung to mind who would not only be trustworthy but reliable and efficient as well.

Weird thing (perhaps) is that we'd only become close friends a relatively short time (less than a year) before leaving to go travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Only seamus.

Pighead wrote: »
    Only seamus.

Can't. Stop. Laughing. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

With Adam Clayton in the court today over money and trust issues, a question springs to mind... Would you trust anyone 100% with your money?

I would trust my present wife - my previous one, no way but my present one, yes.
    I would also trust my best man of my wedding (should something happen to me, close a few times!) to take care of things financial-wise.

Anyone willing to say their would have complete faith in another person with their dosh?

Partner, parents and siblings bar one brother. He is useless with money. He'd mean well by offering to hold onto it, but when it comes to returning it I would be left with a suitcase of I owe you's.

Pighead wrote: »
    Only seamus.

Whats with the Seamus hard on Pighead?

I see you've decided to grace us with your presence again, welcome back etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think adam clayton was naieve tbh.

By all means have someone signing chqs and paying bills for you etc.

But have someone else doing a balance/ check at the end of every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I know about two people (one of them a family member) that I would trust with thousands - which is the ballpark most of us are in or aspire to. The Adam Clayton thing - people get drunk / greedy on vast sums of money - although allegedly buying a stable of racehorses and and a couple of apartments is taking the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'd never trust anyone with my money. Maybe that's because I've learned from the mistakes of those who trusted me with theirs.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Think there is much more going on in this Clayton case than we are led to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Think there is much more going on in this Clayton case than we are led to believe.

Ooh!

What you thinking?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I would trust most of the poker players I know with money. "My word is my bond".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Don't really have much of my own money to trust anyone with but my boyfriend knows all my bank details and I know his. He has more money than me though so I use the information I have alot more frequently, he is very generous with his money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Kirsty Lane. She's a bit hard up but 100% trustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

Would you trust anyone 100% with your money?
    Yes.I recieved 20+ grand in redundancy money and loaned 2 friends a good few grand each so that they could get mortgages(at 2 diffent times)

got both lumps back.with no interest either.

They are paying the interest now:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Just on that note to paraphrase, he said, 'I buy the things I want around me, the artwork, Carol Hawkins buys the cornflakes!":pac:

Heh. An air of pomposity about it indeed, but considering the circumstances maybe worth it to have a dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

We only truly see the 'real' value of money, when it rips friendships and family's apart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Arch Stanton keeps an eye on my savings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

ask yourself this would you give anybody your atm password?..probably not..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I don't even trust my employer, I'm not due to be paid til next week. But half the staff at my clinic where due today, nothing in the bank for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Odysseus wrote: »
    I don't even trust my employer, I'm not due to be paid til next week. But half the staff at my clinic where due today, nothing in the bank for them.

that's cos the hse are with ulster bank and there's a problem with ulster banks computer system. nothing to do with the hse for once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

When you were with your previous wife, did you trust her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Giving someone your atm pass is the same thing as physically handing someone over your money to mind. It would have been quicker for you just to say 'no'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭EoghanConway

Just the wallet inspector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Yes, I would and have. I also allow some people to use my credit card and would have no problem lending them money. It's only a few people though - some family and friends. I know I can trust them 100%, and they would do the same for me.

The majority of people would get a straight 'no'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I would trust shopaholic01 with my ATM/credit card details. With a username like that, I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

My gut instinct is to say Abi too, but I fear that my heart has led me astray before, and I am reluctant to heed its advice again.

This seamus fellow sounds like a trustworthy chap. He certainly has some good references.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Sure your money is only safe in the banks and it's guaranteed by the government,only a fool would keep there money somewhere else,ohh and bows a great time to buy a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just my family and 1 or 2 mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Nope. If someone wanted money I would help them but I'll never give them my atm card. I have a separt account for online payments as well. Knew a guy who gave his card number and ccv to an ex so she could buy something online he loss 500 euros because her flatmate robbed the details. I didn't feel sorry for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Ficheall wrote: »
    I would trust shopaholic01 with my ATM/credit card details. With a username like that, I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

Please feel free to PM details:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

well after my own family robbed me blind when i was 15 i trust no one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

username_x wrote: »
    well after my own family robbed me blind when i was 15 i trust no one!!

They robbed your piggy bank?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Abi wrote: »
    Giving someone your atm pass is the same thing as physically handing someone over your money to mind.
    Banks have also used this as a way of not paying out over a stolen card, even one stolen by a third party :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Can you trust anyone 100% with your money?

Sad fact is you can barely trust anyone 100% as it is (Bar those select few)
    Throw money into the mix and sure as feck people would rip you off (Banks included)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Charlie Sheen, Bertie, Ronnie Biggs, Bernie Madoff, Allen Stanford and Seanie Fitzpatrick.

Good job I haven't a pot to Pi$$ in nor a window to throw it out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Certainly not Ulster Bank anyway! *****!

I actually like ulster bank. They're the best by far for business banking in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The_Thing wrote: »
    Arch Stanton keeps an eye on my savings.
    Ah yes,the one beside "unknown" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thing is, Adam Clayton didn't just trust one person with his finances. His accountant and the bank that he banked with were supposed to be watching over his finances too. He is now suing the bank and his accountant for their neglect in not spotting the fraudulent activity sooner.

Two or three people I'd trust completely.. My friend picked up $2,500 in wages for me a few weeks ago cause I was on holiday but he's on holiday now so haven't had a chance to get it. Not even slightly worried.

I'm surrounded by people I trust with bits of money but only two Irish friends and now this one English lad that I'd trust with thousands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement