Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Pegasus 28/29

Options
  • 21-06-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty obtaining a pair of these at the moment? Tried the 29 in my local sports shop but they didn't have the right size and the 28 was too small in that size. I rang a few other shops and none of them are in stock!

I am reluctant to order online because of the size issue. Is anyone else aware of size difference between the 28 & 29. I have been advised to change my runners by the physio but im not having much luck :-(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

sibeen99 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty obtaining a pair of these at the moment? Tried the 29 in my local sports shop but they didn't have the right size and the 28 was too small in that size. I rang a few other shops and none of them are in stock!

I am reluctant to order online because of the size issue. Is anyone else aware of size difference between the 28 & 29. I have been advised to change my runners by the physio but im not having much luck :-(

Thanks

Elverys have plenty of 28 in stock but I have not seen 29 anywhere but online.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

mloc123 wrote: »

Thanks

Elverys have plenty of 28 in stock but I have not seen 29 anywhere but online.

Thanks, I contacted my local elverys and they don't stick them at all. They can order them in but because im not 100% sure of the sizing its a bit difficult to go ahead and order them.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Absolutely loadsa peg's down here in cork. I've seen them (this week) in The edge and lifestyle in cork, and lifestyle in Mallow. Mind you , they are trying to sell the previously discounted white/blue ones (70e in Mahers), for 90/95e.:eek:

Mr.W

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Plenty of pegasus 28's on sportsdirect.co.uk, much cheaper than shops here even with delivery charges. ordered 2 pairs a few weeks ago as i'm afraid the 29s will not be as good as the 28s.

Thanks guys,
    managed to track down a pair in Brehon sports Cashel so fingers crossed these work for me.

Just out of interest Wowzer why do you think the 29 may not be as good? I have had problems with my ankle and physio think previous runners caused the problem so Im pinning my hopes on these pegasus. If they do work Id like to think Ill be able to get them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

i have a pair of 29's in the box with 3 weeks ordered from ebay.Still have a good rotation of 28's to go through first.
    Saw 28's for sale in walsh's shoe shop in killarney yeasterday for €60.Good value imo.

gearoidol wrote: »
    i have a pair of 29's in the box with 3 weeks ordered from ebay.Still have a good rotation of 28's to go through first.
    Saw 28's for sale in walsh's shoe shop in killarney yeasterday for €60.Good value imo.

Hey gearoidol,
    just wondering size wise did you find any difference between the 28 and the 29?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

With every new model of runner the makers usually make adjustments and tweaks. The 29s look quite different to the 28s so i have my suspicions that they will feel quite different when you wear them. Usually the main differences in new models are different colours but from what i've seen of the 29s they look like a completely different shoe. Although i've only seen them online, i have not seen them in person so cant say for sure. I love my 28s by the way so i hope the 29s are as good..

I tried the 29s on originally and liked the feel of them but bought the 28 when i couldn't get the 29. As I said already I felt the sizing may be a bit different so hopefully there wont be other issues. I'm quite excited about trying them out as loads of people have told me they are great. Will take them on their maiden run this eve so fingers crossed....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Hey gearoidol,
    just wondering size wise did you find any difference between the 28 and the 29?

They seem the same but i havent ran in them yet ,ill try and get a run in on them on wednesday and report back

• Advertisement

gearoidol wrote: »
    They seem the same but i havent ran in them yet ,ill try and get a run in on them on wednesday and report back

Thanks,
    am just interested in seeing if its my feet are really odd or if there is a difference :)

Advertisement