Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ty vs 5th year

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

How many people here are going abroad for TY or even s week(end) outside your county????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Leinsterr wrote: »
    How many people here are going abroad for TY or even s week(end) outside your county????

In my school there is a trip to Belgium that lasts 4/5 days and you go to a space centre and all that and also a German Exchange for 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In our school they go to Carlingford or some other adventure centre for a couple of nights and then if they organise enough fundraisers, they go to Florence or Barcelona.

If they don't organise the fundraising themselves, it doesn't happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

In my school, I get to go to rathfarnham castle, nothing else. I'm gonna kill myself!!!!! I need a break from studying but with the amount of jacka**** in my year, I really feel like this is gonna be a disaster. Roughly 5 people went straight to 5th year, one was my best mate, the others I couldn't give two shíts about so its not all bad. The only thing I'm looking forward to, sorta, is work experience and gettin my results. Is anyone else in this situation?????

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Can I ask a quick question Spurious, Are wetsuits provided at Carlingford? And if so whats sizes dya know? :)
    Thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can I ask a quick question Spurious, Are wetsuits provided at Carlingford? And if so whats sizes dya know? :)
    Thanks! :D

Gosh I don't know. I can find out on Monday if that's any use.
    Our school has our own wetsuits (VEC) but I don't think I've ever seen the TYs schlepp them along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Carlingford do give wetsuits, all different size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WhitlockLover

Im doin ty though I'm having second thoughts as im worried that i'll get out of the habit of studying and all that!! :/ i think my school has a good enough programme though im not really sure as they refuse to tell us much until we start!! Should be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Troxck wrote: »
    lee3155 wrote: »
    Anybody here have any mini business ideas for TY? hehe I have nothing.. Selling games..no... Selling iphone accessories... maybe?

Was thinking custom t-shirt printing, cost around €500 to start. A little tight for my budget heh..

Two years ago, some TYs in my school made smoothies, they made a deal with a local shop who would make them and get some of the profit. They made quite a bit of money out of it.
    What school do you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    What school do you go to?

I don't want to say online but it's a CBS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Evilgirl190

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Are you doing transition year or 5th year next year and why ? If going to 5th year what subjects?

Im doing 5th year because in our school I feel ty is a waste of time. Lots of dossing and a year out of study. Also i prefer learning tbh. Whats ty like in your school? Next year im doing physics biology chemistry and applied maths. German also.

I'm going straight to 5th year, even though TY is supposed to b compulsory in my school. Skipping TY cos I feel it would bore me as its centred around music (not musical) and dance (no coordination :P ). I'm doing English, Irish, maths, French, history, chemistry, physics and applied maths (all higher level) :D can't wait but am a bit nervous :o

Advertisement