Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

microwavble rice

• 21-06-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

hi,

im wondering how bad these rices are.. its from lidl but sometimes can get the uncle ben ones.. i noticed the carbs are 85g in a pack which is a big amount

in relation to weightloss how bad is it? for lunches and dinner this week ive been having salads, eggs and fish for dinner with beans or waffles..

for lunch id often have tinned tuna in brine with rice and some grated cheese.. just wondering would i be way better off losing the rice

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They're really intended for 2 people, I have a rule of thumb that no one meal should have more than 50g of carbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's just rice. It's no different to a the dried stuff you boil at home. Rice is high in carbs.
    85g carbs would be the same as 110-120g dried rice. Which isn't a very big portion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They're really intended for 2 people.
    This is common marketing strategy/scam you see on many products, quote a portion size fit for a toddler so the calories appear low, and/or so the pack appears like good value since it has so many portions. I remember once seeing a pizza most people would eat on their own and the portion was 1/4. Tesco do a small swiss roll, 104grams I used to eat them whole like a donut but the "portion" online is shown as 1/4, 26 miserable grams

These packs of rice are typically 250g. I weighed a takeaway portion from letseatin "intended for 1 person" and it was 310g (excluding carton).

A full 250g is about 400-420kcal. Tescos own brand uncooked long grain rice says a serving is 75g and 270kcal, but the precooked stuff says 210kcal

Advertisement