Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Boards have a public API?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

Does Boards.ie have a publicly accessable API to allow developers develop third party apps that use boards data, similar to what Facebook and Twitter do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi there,

We have an API all right, but it isn't publicly accessible. If it ever becomes open I'm sure there'll be a big announcement about it :)

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

It's an ongoing question whether or not we make our API available to the public.

Can I ask what you were considering doing with the API?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

It's an ongoing question whether or not we make our API available to the public.

Can I ask what you were considering doing with the API?

Nothing really concrete at the moment.

I was thinking about how at the moment there are plenty of apps that will aggregate content from my various (social) channels e.g. FB and Twitter and bring this together in one data feed for me to review.
    But what about the threads I'm subscribed to on boards - why can't I see the posts in my aggregated view of the messages I'm interested in reading?
    [For example, this thread. I can get a single email when there is a new post on it, but I'd like to see all of these posts integrated with my 'social media feed'].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Hi, Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm wondering if this API is ever going to be made public? Thinking of working on a personal project and getting my followed threads from boards is something I'd be looking at doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Not for the foreseeable future I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement