Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone – Dilemma

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a smartphone that I can go travelling to Oz with, which is sim free in Cork City.

Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i think most of the smartphones come sim free. my last few certainly did. samsung galaxy s 2 atm and totally unlocked from cpw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Moving to Mobiles & PDA's as the County has no relevance to this & better placed for an answer in its new home

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

XDynamiteX wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a smartphone that I can go travelling to Oz with, which is sim free in Cork City.

Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Andip wrote: »
    Moving to Mobiles & PDA's as the County has no relevance to this & better placed for an answer in its new home

But they asked, Where in Cork could they get one:confused:

There was a phone shop downstairs in Merchants Quay before that sold unlocked phones. Not sure if they're still even open tho?

You might be able to pick up some of the newer models, sim free from a store like Carphone Warehouse but at a premium..

Failing that, and if you're not in any great rush. You could look online to Amazon.de or eBay..

Good luck in OZ!

Advertisement