Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paye / sole trader question

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,
    i'm thinking strongly of starting a small service business while staying in my job. it could make up another 10-20% of income over the year. but if i register as self employed are there knock affects to my PAYE status? i don't want to change anything there. but things are a little unsure also at work, so if i register as self employed will i loose any possible benefits if the job comes to an end?

regards,

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Hi Ed

Being a sole trader you would be taxed on any profits of the business. It wouldn't effect your tax in your current employment but you would be responsible for putting aside your own tax.

cheers
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

and if i were to loose the paye job i'm in at present, would that sole trader registration have an affect on any benefits i might be entitled to that i've earned through my paye employment? like the jobseekers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

as long as you have the correct amount of A prsi stamps paid you will be able to claim benefit as a job seeker afaik

Advertisement