Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen Replacement - where?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Anyone know of the cheapest place to get a laptop screen replaced?
    It's a tosibha 15.6 inch screen...

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hunky_Dory wrote: »

maybe buy the screen online from asia at dealextreme and then bring it to agidio uby the duet factory, he is able to fix all that... I dont know if he is around anymore, maybe somebody on the forum will tell u, i dont live in the city anymore

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hunky_Dory wrote: »

Try any of the laptop repair places in the city, I know the place in Ferrybank, Bobby Mullane's he had something like 20 laptops in there last week that are bunched as he buys them from people who bring them in for repair and the repairs work out to expensive.

He then strips them down and sells of the usable parts on likes of ebay, done deal, and adverts, and to customers that come in looking for things like chargers and batterys. Its worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

The guy that has the new laptop repair place on manor st has fixed a few laptops from where I work and he's top notch. He used to work out of home but has set up the shop recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Waterford computer repair centre in the Cleaboy business park, they are good and quick. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Theres a really good place in Cork that when I had to replace mine were nearly half the price of the next best I saw. They operate from a place called Cartridge Kiosk down the road from daunt square and do an on line nation wide collect and return service. http://www.brokenscreen.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

While we talk about screens where can I get my smartphone screen fixed ?? Its cracked but still touchscreen working fine!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jo06555 wrote: »
    While we talk about screens where can I get my smartphone screen fixed ?? Its cracked but still touchscreen working fine!

What type of phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Aquos76 wrote: »
    jo06555 wrote: »

What type of phone is it?
    Samsung nexus s it is !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Replacing a laptop screen is easier than wiring a plug. Save yourself the money and buy it yourself.

Advertisement