Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Dog Missing [found]

Options
  • 21-06-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭

Mates dog gone missing from Shantalla Road this morning.
    Collie/Mongrel about year old. Collie colours b/w but short haired and short legs. Wearing black collar with studs. Very friendly. Name is Haggis. Will find out more details later.
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Update: Went missing around 9ish Thursday morning near Cookes shop/Ardilaun Road junction so could be headed Salthill, Westside or town.
    Not tagged but had above collar.
    Might have pics in the morning.

BIKO: Any chance you can link this to the lost and found forum? Can't figure out how to do it from mobile. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Dogs tend to follow smells upwind when left to their own devices. The wind was from the east when he went missing, that might help you to find the area concentrate your search.

I will keep an eye out for Haggis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Haggis_Dad

hello all.

this is a heartbroken Haggis's dad...
    1st of all I wish to thank "thesandeman" for his promptness in networking for us: thanks man, ye're a gem!!
    ... and thank you too RAB (great handle BTW:D)

this is HAGGIS's pic.
    Haggis.jpg

BORDER COLLIE CROSS, MISSING FROM SHANTALLA / RAHOON RD. on Thursday 21st around 9AM.
    Female, about 3year old. Very friendly. if you come across her please try and get hold of her. I repeat, she's VERY friendly and loveable, goes nuts at fetching BALL!

I'm off to cover the west in posters, thanks in advance for yer help / attention.

Mornin dude. I put the word out around the Crane last night as well so you got half of Galway watching out. Talk to you laterz.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Haggisdad - This is the general lost/found thread in Animals forum, post there too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79335271#post79335271

• Advertisement

thanks lads/lasses. Cross-posted.

Also, after speaking with a doggie expert and she said it's not uncommon for dogs to cover long distances in very little time, so I'm kindly asking people living and commuting in the general MONIVEA direction to keep their eyes peeled too, since we've only recently moved into town from there.

cheers.

^^ that means I'm off to Monivea with more posters first thing in the morn, unless something beautiful happens til then.

Covered West Side and Salthill in posters, answered to a false alarm (thanks to that caller anyway), wrecked now.

... and last but not least, thanks to my beautiful partner for taking the day off a busy schedule to chauffeur me around: I feel I'd have driven into a wall by now if it wasnt for ya, babe.

I'm keeping the hopes up nevertheless.

H_D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You need to notify the dog warden & all the local Vets especially as the dog doesn't have a name tag. Also notify MADRA dog rescue, the GSPCA & East Galway Animal Rescue. I would also ask Galway Bay FM to broadcast an appeal. The deadline for the Galway Advertiser is Tues.

Facebook seems to be a successful method so it might be worth a try.

Thanks Dd, done most of those (except the "big media" for now), although I concentrated in covering Westside, Salthill and shops in Knonacara with posters...

Found down the Claddagh. Thanks for the help guys.

• Advertisement

FOUND!!!!!

thank be to the powers that be I'm lost for words wid emotion...

a lad of the upper Knocknacara just drove her home (THANKS MAN!!!),
    ^^^Rob A Bank, ye were spot on 'bout followin her nose WEST!

she's been overfed and playing wid kids, an all she wants now is ta play BALL! (the Trollop!):D:D:D

thanks again te all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound, all's well again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement