Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Factors/Shops selling OBD II reader

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any shop in Dublin (or Galway) selling OBD II code readers? Cheap & simple (read & clear) functionality would be enough. Looking to get my hands on one before the weekend. Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Halfords do Gunson obdII readers
    They're €180 though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

even argos do/ did a very basic RAC one for around 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I bought a bluetooth one today and downloaded the torque application. Total cost €34.55. It would have been cheaper if I had bought on ebay but I wanted it quicker.

I haven't used it yet but reviews seem positive if you just want the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I bough one of the bluetooth ones one ebay and was going to download an app for the phone, but found out my car isn't OBDII:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I got one for 17e on ebay before. It was the elm327 type, mighty yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

eth0 wrote: »
    I got one for 17e on ebay before. It was the elm327 type, mighty yoke.

i own an elm327 myself, running it off the free program easyobd2 and i find it great for pricking around, clear and store faults, live readings from a a good few different sensors and you can log test drives etc. got the whole set up for under 50 blips and work it off my laptop, doesn't get much use though thankfully.

just be wary of buying the elm327 interfaces from ebay as seemingly there is a lot of chinese knock offs floating around that simply dont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dev2

I have a Autoboss V30 if you need any help

Advertisement