Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building small stream and pond

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi, this may seem daft but has anyone done this and are willing to help me out to do this too?
    this would have to be a voluntary enterprise (:(:() but there you go...
    maybe some vocational school or after school club might be interested in helping or the local churches?
    i have it all half dug but thats as far as it has gone, i might have bitten off more than i could chew, and it nearly chewed the legs off me in the process!!! laughter will be the reward, plus plenty of tea coffee biscuits and chat along the watery way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Well if you have the hole dug then all is well. With all the rain we are having at present it must be time for you to put the fish in and sit back and enjoy. The only problem I see is that your whole back garden could become a gigantic pond if this rain continues. :D:D:D:D
    Take this post with a grain of salt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

thanks! yep lotta rain alright, do you want to come take a photo of it!!! soreeeee.
    x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Maybe the Greystones Mens Shed would come and help?

what a brill idea! i will try to link up there, any one know how, if there is a contact no.
    great suggestion! after which the photo snapper can come see a full pond!!!:)

well, i am increasingly getting disabled due to a funny not so funny syndrome. i adore the outdoors, garden and nature.
    with an electric wheelchair imminent i am hopeing to try get my new garden electric wheels friendly. I love planting and veggies and nature, already stated.
    its a fair size so a fair job, too fair for a singleton like me, enthusiasm knows no bounds and all that but not great when the district nurse has to wrap them legs cos i am doing too much.
    would it be a great project for any student horticulturalist, school or out of work garden keeners who would like to be involved for either cv, time or crack. i think it would be brill. the garden can then be used on cv's etc. i am full of bright ideas, and then the photographer who quipped at water logging holes (he is right though, very right) can take pics and no prob with all that at all at all at all, put the message out there folks. this won is heading into hospital next week but bringing the old laptop, i would be STARVED without that! xxall the best :)

• Advertisement

From www.greystonesguide.ie
    Every Monday 10am and 7:15 pm
    Every Wednesday 10am and 7:15pm
    Every Friday 10am and 7:15pm
    and at other times by arrangement between members

Membership is now open and forms are available from the shed at

Blacklion Enterprise Park, Applewood Heights, Greystones

The first project is the restoration of a sea skiff with tutorial from a Shipwright funded by the VEC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

All the details + phone no.
    Greystones-Mens-Shed-Poster.jpg

thanks for this and very grateful for the info.:):):)

the phone call has been made!!!

methinks that another phone call and a project specs may be in order on this!
    really want this friggin pond up and running soon,especially before the winter defo.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Is this a public project, or are you looking for people to build it in your back garden?

well no its a project i want to see materialise rather than vapourise, but i am very idealistic.
    i enjoy nature.
    pm sent to further explain.
    i think it would be fab but dont have the resources really to put together.
    thought i had the energy but didnt think i didnt!!!!:(

still seeking help with doing garden and my pond. told by the medics the type of gardening i am doing is now OUT altogether, if i want to keep my body from breaking down or up whatever the way it is going!!!! here a further plan and anyone who can assist do get in touch. during a project like this i will take photos all along and type any cvs and add the images which i wil print off, i can do that quite expertly!

Hi Ann, give this lad a call
    7742312018_1516f395f2.jpg
    Diarmuid Gavin

thanks for this.
    will attempt to do so:)

Advertisement