Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Southside

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I'm moving to the Southside in August from Clontarf with a friend, and am trying to find the best place to move. There would be 2-3 girls moving together, working in Clonskeagh and Deans Grange, and we all have cars. Our max budget each in terms of rent would be €450, so €1300-€1400 all in, or €900-€950 for 2.

We're looking for a place that would be kind of in the middle of Clonskeagh and Deans Grange (we want to be fair and not have one person driving miles to work and the other only around the corner), or about max 20 min drive in traffic from work. Ideally I'd like to be able to cycle to Clonskeagh from the place.

Anyone got any recommendations for areas? We have been looking at Goatstown, Sandyford, Ranelagh and Stillorgan. Anything we might have missed out on?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭PBroderick

Ranelagh all the way.

Best town in Dublin by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

PBroderick wrote: »
    Ranelagh all the way.

Best town in Dublin by a mile.

Except most place for rent around there are horrible and that's putting it lightly! Cabinteely,Sandyford etc would be better options.

Stillorgan is a good option, also Mount Merrion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭PBroderick

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Except most place for rent around there are horrible and that's putting it lightly! Cabinteely,Sandyford etc would be better options.

I'd rather live in a fleapit in Ranelagh than a mansion in Cabin-f*ckin-teely

For €1,300 a month, they will rent a superb place in Ranelagh for definite. Fantastic pubs, restaurants, no knackers, perfect spot to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Thanks everyone - Ranelagh is definitely on the cards as it is close to town and right in the middle of both our work places! We have Sandyford in second place at the moment because with the overbuild of apartments we can get an amazing 3 bed there for about €1,200 and it's close to work.

What are people's views on Goatstown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

jaffa20 wrote: »

I moved into Ranelagh a couple of months ago and my place is brilliant. Ranelagh is a brilliant area. Lots of pubs, cafes and wine bars and supermarkets and chemists etc etc. A real village atmosphere and right on the LUAS.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

PBroderick wrote: »
    I'd rather live in a fleapit in Ranelagh than a mansion in Cabin-f*ckin-teely

For €1,300 a month, they will rent a superb place in Ranelagh for definite. Fantastic pubs, restaurants, no knackers, perfect spot to live.

where is there fleapits in cabinteely, its pretty much all wonderful housing there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

coco_lola wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - Ranelagh is definitely on the cards as it is close to town and right in the middle of both our work places! We have Sandyford in second place at the moment because with the overbuild of apartments we can get an amazing 3 bed there for about €1,200 and it's close to work.

In Goatstown, are you thinking of Trimbleston? I knowa few people who live tere in apartments and hoses. They all like it but like all managed developments, make sure you get an allocated space for each car else it's difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ranelagh is nowhere near in the middle of the two, it's on the city side of Clonskeagh, I'd agree with Stillorgan though smack in the middle of both and very accessable.

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Ranelagh is nowhere near in the middle of the two, it's on the city side of Clonskeagh, I'd agree with Stillorgan though smack in the middle of both and very accessable.

OK, well it's not in the middle of the two, but it's not far away from Deans Grange by driving and it's close to town. We'll look at all those places and see what we can come up with.

I think the best to go for would be a house because we'll have three cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

OK, well it's not in the middle of the two, but it's not far away from Deans Grange by driving and it's close to town. We'll look at all those places and see what we can come up with.

I think the best to go for would be a house because we'll have three cars!

I dont think your going to get many 3 bed houses in Ranelagh for less than 1300 with parking for 3 cars!

What about dundrum.

omega666 wrote: »
    I dont think your going to get many 3 bed houses in Ranelagh for less than 1300 with parking for 3 cars!

What about dundrum.

Yeah we are looking at Dundrum too. Even on street parking is grand. The apartment I'm in now only has one space but we all chuck our cars on the road outside and it's safe. Safe, easy commute, not too pricey, they're the main things.

Advertisement