Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McBrearty for Mayor?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

From listening to news reports is seems that Frank McBrearty is a shoo in for next Donegal Mayor. Labour ,FG and SF vote as a group and it seems it's Labour's turn to have their man in. FF are supposed to be putting Rena Donaghy up against him. While i loathe almost everything FF especially their two LK councillors, i hope that Ms Donaghy prevails,and we dont have this clown representing our County on a national stage.
    As an aside, is there a specific reason why Martin Farren Lab cant be put forward instead of McBrearty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Martin who?

Does that answer your question? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

muffler wrote: »
    Martin who?

Does that answer your question? ;)

To tell you the truth, I havent a clue who he is, what he does or where he's from but as long as doesn't have two heads i would take him before McBrearty:D

Its all politics you see. The FG/Lab group on the council have a pact with SF and independents and with those combined numbers they will defeat any and all FF nominations and proposals. When the pact was created (3 years ago I think) it was agreed that each party including the independents would alternate the position of Mayor each year.

This year it is the Labour parties turn to have one of their members elected as Mayor but as they only have 2 elected representatives on the council they are going to run with the higher profile candidate and the one who ran in the last general election.

So it looks like we will be seeing more of big Frank :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    Its all politics you see. The FG/Lab group on the council have a pact with SF and independents and with those combined numbers they will defeat any and all FF nominations and proposals. When the pact was created (3 years ago I think) it was agreed that each party including the independents would alternate the position of Mayor each year.

This year it is the Labour parties turn to have one of their members elected as Mayor but as they only have 2 elected representatives on the council they are going to run with the higher profile candidate and the one who ran in the last general election.

So it looks like we will be seeing more of big Frank :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1vyh3LznhdkiI5CmKPtSWD6Xp_Io4KcepZ3UszqDc8hqaf4osn1Y54rR1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

There COULD be an upside. It is the chairperson's job to keep order. Every teacher knows that one of the best ways to deal with difficult pupils to to give them a bit of responsibility. The most untidy child is put in charge of keeping books tidy and often turns out to be the most stringent in correcting the other untidy children.
    A poacher can be a very effective gamekeeper.
    We will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It could turn out to be a good thing: Let him have his term as mayor, he will surely fugg it up and make a complete show of himself and his party. They will either remove him from the position and/or their party and hopefully that will be the end of his political career (if you could call acting like a complete ignoramous, shouting down those who do not agree with you and bragging that no one tells you what to do, as a career) and we will never have to listen to this complete embarrassment again. He's a disgrace to politics, to the Labour party and to Donegal in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

leedslad wrote: »
    as long as doesn't have two heads i would take him before McBrearty:D

Actually on second thoughts, even if he has two heads............:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

It will certainly be colourful and he will be able to blame the new boundaries for his continuing failure to get a seat at Government, rather than people being genuinely embarrassed

One thing is for sure, Labours attitude to Donegal in their selection of candidtaes says little for the party's attitude to the county

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Frank in the top position....that's the devil in me talking by the way ;)

A lot of interesting times ahead over the next year.

Advertisement