Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of trading in my xbox 360 for a new one

Options
  • 21-06-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of trading in my old white xbox 360.
    It originally came with a 20gb harddrive but I have a 60gb hard drive so I'd probably just trade it in with that.
    Anyway I'm thinking of trading it in at Gamestop.
    Do they still accept the old white 360 for trade in at Gamestop?
    How much would I get for it these days as its over 5 years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If it doesn't have a HDMI port, it won't be accepted by GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It doesn't have a hdmi port.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Why don't you try and sell it on adverts or donedeal.Id say ud get more that way than a trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's not worth much OP I'd say your best bet is use it as a media player in another room of the house, and with the fall update it will get an internet browser or perfect for under the TV in the bedroom as a netflix box even, if you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yes it would be perfect in your room if you dont mind the fan noise!
    The noise of the original 360 is my main reason i'm thinking of getting a new one now that its becoming more and more a media hub and not just for games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

To be honest the reason I was thinking of trading it in is I think it might be on the way out.
    I can't play gta 4 on it anymore because it freezes a couple of minutes after starting it.
    I couldn't play dead island on it either because it would keep freezing aswell.
    All my other games play fine on it though and I was playing Prince of persia the Forgotten Sands on it last night for 2 hours and it was fine though the sound went on it once so had to reset it.
    Anyway if I sold it on adverts and said it had some problems I'd get next to nothing for it and gamestop probably won't take it as it's the oldest model so I'll probably hang onto it and keep playing it for another while, finish what games I have left to finish and then start playing games on my pc instead for a while.

Advertisement