Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could swap....

• 21-06-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

....something of value (of value to you), for something else, would you do it, and (if you said yes) what would you swap, and what would you swap it for?

Examples:

....swapping your little fingers for the ability to play, say, piano (or any musical instrument) as magnificently (or maybe even better) than most amazing piano (or musical instrument) players can manage with all their fingers still attached.

....swapping the chance of falling in love and having the person you love, love you back, to live in a paradise of your choice, with all the attendant luxuries (bar the love you've swapped) such a paradise affords.

...swapping the ability to think for yourself, for being told what to think, safe in the knowledge your thoughts are now being controlled by a 'seamus' who will never give you the wrong thoughts.

...swapping the penchant for starting frivolous threads on this forum for the safety net of knowing silence garners no harsh critics :D

I could give more examples, but I'm endeavouring to make my blahtastic threads short enough for the 'can't be arsed to read lots of words' AH board members. Although, I may have gone too far already...

Would you swap anything? And, what would you swap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I would swap my feet in exchange for being better than Messi at football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You should have gone all out and made a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I'll give you 2 Arshavins for Busquets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I'll swap you my sony walkman for your laptop. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Ficheall wrote: »
    You should have gone all out and made a poll.

Then I'd have to be making all the suggestions, and what I want is to learn other people's ideas/thoughts/notions/random musings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I would swap a few naggin's to be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I would swap this post with my next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd swap all the money I have to get my grandad back for a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'd swap bodily excretions with the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Sindri wrote: »
    I'll give you 2 Arshavins for Busquets.

Busquets my bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I would swap a few naggin's to be grand.

Few naggins? Grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    ....something of value (of value to you), for something else, would you do it, and (if you said yes) what would you swap, and what would you swap it for?

Examples:

....swapping your little fingers for the ability to play, say, piano (or any musical instrument) as magnificently (or maybe even better) than most amazing piano (or musical instrument) players can manage with all their fingers still attached.

....swapping the chance of falling in love and having the person you love, love you back, to live in a paradise of your choice, with all the attendant luxuries (bar the love you've swapped) such a paradise affords.

...swapping the ability to think for yourself, for being told what to think, safe in the knowledge your thoughts are now being controlled by a 'seamus' who will never give you the wrong thoughts.

...swapping the penchant for starting frivolous threads on this forum for the safety net of knowing silence garners no harsh critics :D

I could give more examples, but I'm endeavouring to make my blahtastic threads short enough for the 'can't be arsed to read lots of words' AH board members. Although, I may have gone too far already...

Would you swap anything? And, what would you swap?
    you should have stopped at....

Where To wrote: »
    I'd swap bodily excretions with the OP

Your place or mine? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Your place or mine? :D
    :eek:

You ain't getting my gaff!

Maudi wrote: »
    you should have stopped at....
    Why?

If I'd stopped there your reposting of my post, combined with your paltry response wouldn't have taken up much space and may have gone unnoticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

... The ability to skydive relaxed

---for ability to play drums like Dave Lombardo

Advertisement