Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another keypad thread (HKC Securewatch)

Options
  • 21-06-2012 11:32pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the actual keypad, ie the rubber part with the numbers on it can actually be replaced?

Our numbers are fairly worm, well the digits that we use for the code and I would like to replace it, but i havent a clue where to start looking for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the actual keypad, ie the rubber part with the numbers on it can actually be replaced?

Our numbers are fairly worm, well the digits that we use for the code and I would like to replace it, but i havent a clue where to start looking for it.

Thanks

What about changing the code? AFAIK the entire PCB will have to be replaced, I do not think HKC regard the rubber membrane as an actual part.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kub wrote: »
    What about changing the code? AFAIK the entire PCB will have to be replaced, I do not think HKC regard the rubber membrane as an actual part.

Yeah will prob just do that alright, but you know yourself, having the same code for 10 years +, hard to get used to a new code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

you can actually get them replaced . Its the newer panels that they dont do spares for ,Ring a few installers I'm positive one of them will have some lying around . PM Stephen868 he will point you in the right path .PM me if you can't get sorted :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I might have some lying around. Ill have a look tomorrow. Are the buttons actually working ok?

KoolKid wrote: »
    I might have some lying around. Ill have a look tomorrow. Are the buttons actually working ok?

Ah yeah, buttons are all working perfect, it's just the digits are worn. Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Aquos,
    Apologies for the delay getting back to this.
    I have a couple of HKC keypads I can take the rubber keys off for you.
    I can post to you if you want , or are you up around Dublin at any stage?

Ah that would be excellent, unfortunately I'm not up in Dublin for the next few weeks as far as I know, if you wouldn't mind posting them down to me I be very greatful and obviously I'd sort you out for whatever the cost is, including you going to the effort of posting them also.

Thanks very much!

Don't worry about it. PM me your address & I get it sent during the week.

PM sent, thanks very much.

No Problem.
    Ill post back when I send it.

• Advertisement

I posted that today Aquos. Let me know if you need any help when you get it.

Ah thanks for that, I'm sure I'll be fine.

@KoolKid

Been away all week, only getting a chance to get back to you now, Thank you very much for the keypad, worked a treat.

Your welcome ,thanks for the update & glad it got you sorted.

Advertisement