Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Light in sky Blessington

Options
  • 21-06-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I was visiting a friend in Blessington last night and while walking through the town I looked up and saw a bright orange light in the sky.

I kept looking at it, trying to figure out what it could be-it wasn't a plane but I thought it was weird-it appeared to be hovering, then moving right and left slightly, before disappearing completely.

I know it might be those lantern things, but I don't get how it could suddenly vanish from the sky without falling or disintegrating (if it was one of those lantern things).

Not saying it *was* a UFO, but did anyone else happen to see it?
    Happened at around 12.15am on Wednesday 21st June (21st because it was after midnight).

Would be interested to see if anyone else saw it and knows what it might have been.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Chinese Lantern, Weather balloon, etc etc... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Chinese Lantern, Weather balloon, etc etc... ;)
    Totally wrong. Aliens. Obviously. Check the forum. Your answer only applies in Astronomy and Space. Where I would agree with you...

Has to be aliens. Big Orange Ones. BOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Russell Lander

Hi, I live in Celbridge, Co. Kildare. Last night at approximately 11pm there were a series of loud...What I can only describe as "bangs". The dog alerted me to this, becuase any foreign noise she goes bananas about. Upon going upstairs, my parents told me they had seen a series of lights, coming from the nas direction, lots of different colours lights accompanying the succession of loud bangs.

No, they had not been drinking or partaking in any illegal substance before any smart alec's get on this thread.

Just wondering if anyone else saw this last night &or may know what it was?

Many thanks,

Russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

EH fireworks ?

Advertisement