Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to fix washing machine.

• 21-06-2012 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Any help be appreciated with help in fixing my Hoover 1200AA vision hd washing machine problem is, It wont drain the water inside when i put on a new wash.

Things i have tried already is clearing it out of water and re starting the process all again with a new load. cleared the pipe in the back of it for any blockage's.

Two possible things i think could be wrong is either the pump in the machine itself or a electrical fault,

Again any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Sounds like the filter, have you cleaned the filter not just the pipe at the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 surestew

Not yet i will open it up in the morning and have a look around. When i just put the machine on to drain it does nothing this again makes me belive it not getting a response and could be needing to replace a switch...

Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Unplug it from the wall for at least 20 mins, this resets some machines...
    Check as many of the pipes as you can for blockages , you would be surprised what gets stuck in machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,516 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Check the filter and drain plug ... Usually below door on the right as you look at it , behind a flap ... Some are a mare to get open, drained and the filter out ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

2qk4u wrote: »
    Unplug it from the wall for at least 20 mins, this resets some machines...
    Check as many of the pipes as you can for blockages , you would be surprised what gets stuck in machines.

Have tried that already again i will try to see is somethin blocked once i open up the machine in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mc gripen

Have You tried to open the pump housing and phisically turn the pump with a screwdriver? My washing mashine continually gets blocked with objects such as bra wire, fridge magnets and the likes. Always works but be careful as the machine may look empty but there is still water in the pump so have a towel on the ground to soak it up.

Just about to open it now i noticed this morning is well the water in the toilet is rising so this could also be blocked would this have a knock on effect with the washing machine?

No it goes into a completely different pipe.

Motor at back of the drum seems to be able to spin fine. i cleared out all pipes and still same thing is happening? i emptied the filter also this was at the front of machine where a lot of water came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

If you are still having trouble I know a good guy who will come and look at it, providing you are in the dublin kildare vacinity?

• Advertisement

I can rule out blockages from the machine every hose and pipe has been cleared out. i living down the country so no good to me thanks. the rinse and drain function don't seem to be working on the machine everything else works grand up till that stage

If you try turning the machine on and put the dial on spin, by getting down on Your hands and knees You Should hear the pump spinning. If not, the pump needs to be replaced. not at all expensive. You don't need to let water in the machine to perform this test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

TRY the quick wash, half wash function to see does it make any difference ,my machine stopped working,
    now i just use it on the half wash/quick wash mode,and it works fine.
    IF I PUT on full wash it does nothing.
    Try a different spin speed.eg 1000, 1200 .
    since i,m moving out, i cant bother getting it fixed.
    after a few years ,the pump wears out, if ringing up, say i have model, no as above,
    340 ,Bring a pump if you have one in stock.for hoover 1200a

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

There are usually two motors in a washing machine, one at the top for turning the drum (ignore this one for now) and one at the bottom for the pump, sometimes this one is part of the pump.

If it isn't turning and it's an integrated motor/pump, like mcgipppen says they're easy to replace, but even easier is if it is a pump with a separate motor as these usually have replaceable brushes/magnets which just click out and new ones click in without any need to touch the electrics (except the wall switch of course).

If you pull them out they will probably be unevenly worn with little chips off them, they're easy enough to get and cost about €10-20

Thanks for all the help re-did the filter and pumps and with the pump i got rid of some dirt and seemed to do the trick was able to move more freely then before..

Glad to hear it. It's crazy paying somebody to do something so simple.

emilyee wrote: »
    did you clean the filter not just the pipe at the back?

Did both all in working order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

What the hell are those last 3 posts about?:confused:

Advertisement