Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Draft Match 11: Coletrickle88 vs Bounty Hunter

• 22-06-2012 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

This match is Bounty Hunter vs Coletrickle88. The match will last for 48 hours, in which time the participants will need to outline their team, basic strategy, and strategy against their opponent.

Also, the voting will take place during this 48 hour period. There will be a poll but only votes with answers developed in a post will be taken into consideration. This development doesn't have to be paragraphs long, even a single sentance is fine. But don't vote until the competitors have had a chance to outline their teams.

Guys, whenever you are ready, begin.

Who wins? (Remember only Developed Answers will be Counted) 2 votes

Bounty Hunter
    0%
    Coletrickle88
    100%
    Bounty HunterPepe LeFrits 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Best of luck Bounty Hunter. I had asked Gk to post this in my absence but with the help of free wifi in Dublin Airport I got it done 39b84253.jpg

My formation is 4-2-3-1 .

Goalkeeper
    Rui Patrício has been Sportings number 1 keeper for the last 5 years and he is only 24 years old . One of the top up and coming goalkeepers in europe at the moment .

Defence
    Arguably the strongest in the draft
    Boateng a cb at trade but more than capable of playing rb as he has shown for Germany many times .
    Hummels and Kompany are without doubt 2 of the best cbs around right now . No need to explain these picks at all
    Jordi Alba only made his debut for Spain last october but they would no doubt be worse off without him in the team .

Midfield
    My midfield Deschamps & Cabaye, has 2 hard working players both solid in the tackle .
    Deschamps a World cup and Europen championship winning captain kept Makelele out of the french team for years proves how good he was.
    A player once described as a water carrier by Eric Cantona . Basically his job is to protect the back 4 and give them attacking players the ball to play with .

Cabaye
    An all round box to box midfielder . Solid defensively and decent enough going forward a very good set piece taker whether its corners ,free kicks or penalties .
    It is no coincidence that when he left Lille their forunes changed for the worse and Newcastle changed for the better .

Attacking Midfielders

Alan Dzagoev , Andrei Arshavin & Mesut Özil .

My 3 attacking midfielder can all find themselves anywhere cross the pitch . Here i have 3 very tricky clever footballers .
    People will say they are too similar but good players can adapt there games to play with other good players and these are very good .

Forward
    In Huntelaar i have prolific goal scorer for club and country with 31 in 56 for Holland and 248 goals in 377 at club level so its safe to say he knows where the back of the net is.

Bounty Hunter

Lloris
    Corluka Heitinga Höwedes Olsson
    De Rossi Wilshere
    Zidane
    Gerrard ----Sneijder
    Torres

Lloris vs Rui Patrico = Lloris

Corluka vs Boateng = Boateng wins
    Heitinga & Höwedes vs Hummels & Kompany = Hummels & Kompany
    Olsson vs Alba = Alba

De Rossi vs Deschamps . i cant pick between him and Deschamps so call it a draw
    Wilshere vs Cabaye = Cabaye . Wilshere hasnt played in over a year its hard to judge someone whos been out for that long .

Zidane , Gerrard & Sneijder vs Dzageov Ozil & Arshavin . Tough one hes got one the best players ever in there with Zidane but Sneijder and Gerrard arent the players they were a few years ago . Sneijder of 2010 would have edged this for him but he's not that player anymore . Draw

Torres vs Huntelaar . Obviously Torres is a lot more mobile but i think my 2 cbs will keep him quiet , i do think Huntelaar will cause Heitinga & Höwedes a lot of problems . Huntelaar just on last seasons form .

Overall my defence is way better and i think it would cope a lot better with his attack than his would with mine .

I think I win every time against BH .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ugh, another harry redknapp tactical genius. I find it laughable that Zidane , Gerrard & Sneijder vs Dzageov Ozil & Arshavin is considered a draw in your book. and that you cant pick between De Rossi and Deschamps. Clearly lose in the first battle and win the second one. But player for player does not mean you win.

I am going to hold voting until there is some actual tactitical analyse and a response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Coletrickle's team is more balanced and gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Let Bounty Hunter outline his strategy first, guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Coletrickle88
    the lads our used to the system now so ill stick with this :pac:

abCRjHtacN.jpg

tbh I made a number of mistakes I wasnt happy with while drafting but im pleased to have atleast put together a decent looking side that got through the first game this time.

My defense could be said to be weak but lets not forget that as many are your playing only one up front. Not only that but With Lloris behind the CBs and De Rossi (and Wilshere) offering support in defense he might get very isolated annd have a hard time beating such a fine keeper.

So I must look at your AMs for a goal threat and having had Arshavin myself in the last draft (and thinking he was a bargain as a late pick as well you might) I know people dont consider him consistant nor does he have good workrate. He wont be wearing a Russia shirt for you afterall. Ozil is quality but 4 goals from 35 la liga appearances do point to him being at the very least not a consistant goalscorer. Then there is the point which has been said to me (although atleast with 1 of my AM trio a little withdrawn its a little less of an issue), that all three of your AMs play the same role/position usually and get in each others way at least positionally. De Rossi & Wilshere will make it hard for these three to create the opportunities for the lone man upfront.

tbh I rate your team higly but saying its a draw between your AM trio and mine is very odd imo. I do have to note that you have a quality CB pairing (like the guy who faced my team in the last rd had actually), perhaps the best in the draft also but going 1 by 1 with the AMs as they line out positionally

more left sided AM- Sneijder vs Arshavin: I really dont think this one is much of a contest tbh, Arshavin has talent and is a funny chap but I'd pick Sneijder
    ahead of him every day of the week and positionally he would be more suited as I dont have him coming in from the wings.

Central of the 3: Zidane vs Ozil: I rate Ozil very higly but doubt even Ozil would compare himself to Zizou. Zidane could open up a defense like yours or any other

more left sided of the 3: Gerrard vs Dzageov: Dzageov is a handy player but Gerrard is *too many superlatives describe the game he can play* and combined with Zidane & Sneijder even on an off day my AM trio would create a chance for the frontman against even the meanest of defenses.

then you add Torres to the mix and the fact that not only is he being supplied by this trio of greats but the DM duo are also great passers capable of creating chances also and tbh I could see my team on form being impossable to contain.

So to summarise my game plan would be to try and isolate your lone striker. Have my DMs close down/pressurise/restrict your AMs and along with Zidane start my front four going who you will find very hard to stop.

Having said that your side is a quality one and I wish you the best of luck but doubt either of our sides will win this won outright. I do notice though that with so many people playing only 1 upfront maybe having a strong DM or wingbacks (dependant on if your opponent has Ronaldo/Bale or Ozil/Arshavin) is important along with your own threat in attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bounty is just far, far too narrow and it will really hurt him here because:

Kompany Hummels

Cabaye Deschamps

is so, so strong.

I imagine the flow of this being something like Bounty having a lot of possession but it being very sluggish and ponderous before it breaks down a lot and Arshavin and Dzagoev make hay on the counter.

It's crazy, because Bounty has five brilliant, brilliant players at the heart of his side and yet I utterly hate his team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This ones a case of a very strong attack(BH) against a very strong defense. Even with the great players BH has up front he is not going to get much out of that miserly defense.

At the other end of the field is the weakest defense in this competition imo. And even though I'm not overly excited by Coletrickle's attacking players I do think they will rip this defense apart.

So Coletrickle for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

As LL has already said, the lack of width in BH team kills him here for me because Coletrain is so strong through the middle.

BH in a low scoring affair

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Coletrickle88
    BH's team to monopolise the ball, whatever about his defence that is an absurdly good midfield and attack. Coletrickle's front four aren't ideal for chasing a game and I don't see Huntelaar getting much service. Hummels and Kompany are terrific contemporary CBs but the full-backs aren't any great shakes and with the options all around him, Zidane is the difference here for me.

Jordi Alba is a pretty good full back in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Bounty Hunters defence is too weak for me so going with Coletrickle88. Shame zidane wasn't flanked by two wingers and a slightly stronger defence

Bounty Hunters defence is too weak for me so going with Coletrickle88. Shame zidane wasn't flanked by two wingers and a slightly stronger defence

Just a bit more width and it would be a much better team.

Its not bad as Torres can run the channels, Sneijder can work in from the left and Gerrard is comfortable on the right. Just natural width would make a difference I think, in the end I can see most of the attacking coming through the middle, which is where Coletrain is strongest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Coletrickle at a canter, no balance to BH's team, despite it being full of excellent individuals. Also, BH's defence is not good, Heitinga has been poor this season, Corluka is an average player and neither are the weak link imo, that honour falls to Olsson. Coletrickle has the best team in the draft imo, his defence is ridiculously strong and the overall balance to the team is very good. Coletrickle to rout BH in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd go for Cole here. Mainly because his team look really solid at the back and has more than enough up front to nick a goal or two. BH has no natural wigers in his side, which is clearly a big disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Cole for me, I think with that excellent defence and beig so strong through the middle they will dominate the ball, although his three attacking midfielders are clearly not on the same level as BH I think they along with Huntelaar would have a lot more success and score more than BH's would.

So Cole to edge it for me in a close game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cole for me, BHs lack of width and cohesion will play right into his hands.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bounty has no real width, a nice team but I think Cole's spine is so solid that he will be able to contain and attack better.

Maybe 2-0 to Cole.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

+1 for Cole, but just about.

Big fan of Howedes and Lloris, but themselves aside, that defence is very weak. I know Gerrard is having a very good Euros, but he was very average bar a few times this season for club (Liverpool supporter speaker here, not one of these head in the sand fans too :)). Torres likewise. I do fully believe that Gerrard is the one of few, very few players to get the best out of Torres and fully understands his game and if it was a few years ago, you could fully justify their selections, but now? I don't think you can tbh.

Another issue is that I can fully see Gerrard, Sneijder and Zidane taking up very similar positions as well and thus potentially getting in the way of one another. More so Sneijder and Gerrard. At least Gerrard can play as a RAM/RM/RW (whatever way people want to put it). Sneijder is wasted out on the left and has to play centrally for me. Arguably, you could say the same of Cole's 3 players supporting Huntelaar in taking up similar positions as one another, I realise that.

With regards to Wilshire, I'm not sure how anyone can pick him on current form too.

Don't think there'd be many goals in this tbh, but Cole's team would get more change out of BH's defence and after the season Huntelaar has had, you'd fancy him to take one of those chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

kryogen wrote: »
    As LL has already said, the lack of width in BH team kills him here for me because Coletrain is so strong through the middle.

BH in a low scoring affair

Sorry kryo who have you voted for ? It's says you voted for me in the poll but BH here ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Coletrickle88
    Sorry kryo who have you voted for ? It's says you voted for me in the poll but BH here ?

wanna see if any of the other lads that voted for you want to change their vote? :pac:

nah well played man I can conceed this one to you. Wasnt too pleased with how my drafting went tbh and was actually just pleased to have made a team that won their opening match.... I'm not the Ireland of this tournament! Your team is actually good enough to challenge for this thing imo especially your Defense, though as said I think the winner lies elsewhere overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Coletrickle88 has taken the victory against Bounty Hunter here, with 10 votes to 2.

Congrats to coletrickle, and good luck next round.

Commiserations to Bounty Hunter.

Advertisement