Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for some advice about my career choices.....anyone ?

Options
  • 22-06-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

ok so with my circumstances i have 2 choices in career in ireland

i can go and do my level 6 childcare - and work in a playschool

or i can go and finish my beauty diploma - and work as a beautician

i cant decide which to do as im equally interested in them both and just wondering if anyone out there knows any benefits one has over the other id love to know

thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

That's a really hard question (for anyone but yourself) to answer.

If you really don't prefer one over the other I'd suggest talking to people in both jobs. Ask them what they love and hate about it. Get them to describe a typical day.

Try to imagine yourself ten years from now - how would you spend your perfect working day? Don't limit it to 'be a beautician' or 'work in a playschool', think about the other opportunities/avenues being qualified would open for you.

You could talk to a careers service...don't know the real name, like a guidance counsellor for adults. You could take a load of psychometric tests that might tell you which would suit your personality better.

Sorry I couldn't give you any real advice! But fair play to you for putting serious thought into it.

Advertisement