Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSO again in Milford, Donegal

Options
  • 22-06-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Eircom,

I did try and send this to Ant as a PM but this BBS system doesn't seem to record any "Sent Items" properly so I can't tell if he got it or if it was just swallowed. So apologies for posting this here as well.

For about the fourth time in so many months I am left without any Eircom service (telephone or broadband) outside of normal working hours.

As is usual when this happens, when I try to make any calls I get an automated message telling me that:

"Your telephone service is temporarily disrupted due to a fault, only a limited local service is available at the moment, for other numbers please try again later."

This is beginning to become a major pain. I work from home for a European web hosting company. We are a 24 hour operation servicing customers from all around the world in many different time zones and this type of outage really cripples my ability to work.

I do have a fail over WiMAX service but it's ability to handle VPN connections is spotty at best, hence the reason I pay for a Business level service from Eircom.

To add insult to injury I can't even call any of the Eircom 1800 XXXX numbers to try and find out what the fault is (and when it's likely to be resolved) because all I get is that automated message.

I am connected to the Milford exchange in Donegal.

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kevinkenny wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

I did try and send this to Ant as a PM but this BBS system doesn't seem to record any "Sent Items" properly so I can't tell if he got it or if it was just swallowed. So apologies for posting this here as well.

For about the fourth time in so many months I am left without any Eircom service (telephone or broadband) outside of normal working hours.

As is usual when this happens, when I try to make any calls I get an automated message telling me that:

"Your telephone service is temporarily disrupted due to a fault, only a limited local service is available at the moment, for other numbers please try again later."

This is beginning to become a major pain. I work from home for a European web hosting company. We are a 24 hour operation servicing customers from all around the world in many different time zones and this type of outage really cripples my ability to work.

I do have a fail over WiMAX service but it's ability to handle VPN connections is spotty at best, hence the reason I pay for a Business level service from Eircom.

To add insult to injury I can't even call any of the Eircom 1800 XXXX numbers to try and find out what the fault is (and when it's likely to be resolved) because all I get is that automated message.

I am connected to the Milford exchange in Donegal.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin. I have received your PM with your phone number. I will check the status of your fault with our Faults Team and get back to you shortly.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement