Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS XL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

will the old DS charger work with the 3ds XL or will i have to buy a new charger ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

2smiggy wrote: »
    will the old DS charger work with the 3ds XL or will i have to buy a new charger ?

Original or lite DS, no. DSi or 3DS, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Mr E wrote: »
    Yes I did it in Gamestop. They didn't have WiFi, so they let me take both consoles away for the night to do the transfer (I'm a regular and buy a lot of games there, so they know me).

Go in and sound them out first. Tell them what you want to do, and they'll give you their available options.

The upgrade is worth the hassle. :)

Thanks so much! I went in on my lunch and they were really nice guys, knew how a system transfer works but don't think they ever actually had to do one and were a bit puzzled then at how it could work in the shop. So I mentioned what you did and they said that's fine, I'll pay for the 3DS and get a full refund when I return it after I've done my transfer.

Put my deposit on my new luffly Animal Crossing XL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can name one of your residents after me. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Put my deposit on my new luffly Animal Crossing XL :D

Do you also get very excited when you go to the nintendolife.com website and see their big add down the side...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I can't see a big ad... what's the big ad?

You don't see the fact that they've replaced the whole front with a picture of Animal Crossing?

Screenshot2013-06-11at160322_zps2697568e.png

HOW DO I GET THIS FIGURINE????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You'd have to buy it from GAME. Which would mean buying it up north...

Interesting theory, but Gamestop already have my score for my pre-order! I don't think I can that back.

Going to Belfast Friday, vomiting nao! That figurine would have looked lovely on my shelf of dust collecting figurines :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Interesting theory, but Gamestop already have my score for my pre-order! I don't think I can that back.

Going to Belfast Friday, vomiting nao! That figurine would have looked lovely on my shelf of dust collecting figurines :(

Ask them to place your preorder onto another game :)

I can't put a pre-order on one up there though, or know how they do the system transfer. I'll get mine here Friday.

I just got a little too excited. It's not like me to become so.

HOW DO I GET THIS FIGURINE????

It's a pre order bonus. God I miss Game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I can't put a pre-order on one up there though, or know how they do the system transfer. I'll get mine here Friday.

I just got a little too excited. It's not like me to become so.

Ring them in Belfast and explain the situation Peach. I'm sure they'll understand :)

My XL arrived from amazon this morning, just finished the system transfer with feelings of both sadness and glee. Sleep well, my launch day aqua blue 3DS, you have served me well.

My God, the screens on the XL are amazing compared to the original though. The 3D seems to be improved as well.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    My XL arrived from amazon this morning, just finished the system transfer with feelings of both sadness and glee. Sleep well, my launch day aqua blue 3DS, you have served me well.

My God, the screens on the XL are amazing compared to the original though. The 3D seems to be improved as well.

I know. Then when I went back to the normal size it felt so small.

Happy camper :)

I feel like I need to wash my hands every time I go to touch it! It's so white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Damn this thread, every time I see it, it makes me want to get an XL even though I have a perfectly good 3DS that I don't play enough of as it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Past 24 hrs I've got Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Art Academy and Castlevania. 3DS is eating my wallet and my time.

• Advertisement

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Past 24 hrs I've got Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Art Academy and Castlevania. 3DS is eating my wallet and my time.

Did you register for the So Many Games promotion? If you have 3 games from a list of 8 you can get 1 of the 8 free as a digital download. FE, AC and Castlevania are on the list so you're eligible. There's a thread here if you want to know more about it.

Did you register for the So Many Games promotion? If you have 3 games from a list of 8 you can get 1 of the 8 free as a digital download. FE, AC and Castlevania are on the list so you're eligible. There's a thread here if you want to know more about it.
    And if you haven't registered your XL yet, don't forget to go begging for a Monster hunter 3 hunt together code either!

Yeah thanks been on it. Their cunning plan to get me to buy a load of games worked.
    Banjo wrote: »
    And if you haven't registered your XL yet, don't forget to go begging for a Monster hunter 3 hunt together code either!

What's that? I haven't registered my XL. (I don't play Monster Hunter)

... Yet! You get a recommendation code from another player, use it when registering your XL and bam! Free game. And it is an excellent game.

Plus, apparently you then get a recommendation code to give to another new 3ds owner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

if you don't play mon hunter + wanna donate the console code/swap..., ;):P

Got my animal crossing XL yesterday! Did the system transfer this morning, which we easy and fast enough with the pikmin helping. Bad thing was it saved over the pre installed animal crossing and I had to redownload it from the eshop which took ages on slow hotel wi fi.

But I like the XL! Be sad returning my purdy red 3DS now though.

• Advertisement

Got my animal crossing XL yesterday! Did the system transfer this morning, which we easy and fast enough with the pikmin helping. Bad thing was it saved over the pre installed animal crossing and I had to redownload it from the eshop which took ages on slow hotel wi fi.

But I like the XL! Be sad returning my purdy red 3DS now though.

Do you mind me asking Peach, how much did the AC XL bundle cost with the 3DS trade in?

I think it was about €150, I got a charger too, in Gamestop.

I haven't registered my console yet, can anyone give me a code for free Monster Hunter? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Official charger on sale in Argos for €7.99, in stock everywhere.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1071148

I think it was about €150, I got a charger too, in Gamestop.

Cool, thanks!

I've decoded to buy a few games from the So Many Games promotion and hope that cures me of my 3DS XL urges. Need to set up a club nintendo and start registering stuff.

• Advertisement

I haven't registered my console yet, can anyone give me a code for free Monster Hunter? :P

I would also appreciate one if anyone has one going.:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where would be the cheapest place to buy 3ds xl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

GameStop (website): 179.97.........or Argos (store): 189.99.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup gamestop it seem,217 for fire emblem and silver 3ds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hey guys, thinking about getting a 3DS XL and I'm wondering if this is decent value (know I have to get a separate charger). Earlier post mentioned Gamestop and Argos for the same-ish price but it looks like they were either on sale or weren't XLs.

If you're planning on playing Pokémon I'd wait for these:

http://www.toys.ie/Pokemon-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Console-Blue-!132394-prd.aspx

EDIT: Actually don't! They don't come with the game. Holy moley that's a bit crap

Same price as the regular 3DS XLs so I wouldn't have expected it to come with a game. Don't particularly like the designs either. Thanks anyway though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm getting the red pokemon one on friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Hey guys, thinking about getting a 3DS XL and I'm wondering if this is decent value (know I have to get a separate charger). Earlier post mentioned Gamestop and Argos for the same-ish price but it looks like they were either on sale or weren't XLs.

I think that is a very good price.I am after 2 of the things and reckon thats the best price i've seen.
    Anyone have any other good prices??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No flashcart talk please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Sorry my bad.Thought i was in the modding forum!!!!!

Can't wait for the Pokemon XY 3DS XL on friday :D the only downside is symths offered me 90 quid for my standard 3DS XL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cloud493 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Pokemon XY 3DS XL on friday :D the only downside is symths offered me 90 quid for my standard 3DS XL.

DO NOT dare take 90 for an 3DS XL

I won't :p sure Gamestop give more than that, its stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cloud493 wrote: »
    I won't :p sure Gamestop give more than that, its stupid.

How much you looking for?

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=04549650XLRB03

130 isn't bad, then its only 95 from my own pocket :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Oh, this is perfect timing! I've been thinking of getting an XL for a while now seeing as both shoulder buttons on my Zelda edition are not functional! The red one looks really cool I think so I'll be getting that one. Has anyone seen a better price than Smyths?

Only symths and gamestop are stocking it :p and gamestops at 250.

Potentially silly question but presumably a 3DS XL bought from Amazon.de will work fine over here right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Potentially silly question but presumably a 3DS XL bought from Amazon.de will work fine over here right?

Yup, any European or Australian 3DS XL will play games bought in Ireland.

Edit: Just had a look. It's actually a few euro cheaper on amazon.it. Does anyone have any experience of buying from other Amazon sites other than the UK one? Will the box/instructions be in English or Italian and anything else I should be aware of before buying from the site?

Advertisement