Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS XL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

jaydoxx wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/358496/blog/blog-hmv-advertises-a-fake-3ds-with-2-circle-pads/

It's probably safest to not listen to anything HMV are saying regarding the 3DSXL:pac:

Wtf? Why would anyone do that??? (But I do like how they were so precise about the size of the screen - "82% larger" rather than "Twice as big!" - even when making a dodgy photoshop with fake features.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Buy 3ds xl in hmv for €209.99

then purchase the kingdom hearts 3ds in SMYTHs for €35.99 if u have a smyths card plus when u joins smyths membership theres €5 fee to join but u get a smyths membership card and €5 smyths store voucher, smyths membership card give u €10 off any new release games or €2.50 off non new release games

As per Cloud, it's 10% off new release games during their first week of release usually, so that would be €5 off most DS/3DS/Wii games and the guts of €20 off Guitar Hero World Tour back in the day :)

Official Blurb :
    Benefits
    • All registered cards get up to 10% off selected new releases in the first 7 days after release
    • 2.5% off selected titles at any time
    • We will update you on new releases and special offers via email or SMS
    Taken directly off the application form, which I happened to have in my bag, with a spare card attached to it. Didn't know they charged for these cards now. I've never used this one so if anyone wants it and is willing to go to all sorts of awkward lengths to get it, be my guest.

Worth noting, you can't use your 10% off and the free €5 voucher you get for joining at the same time unless they've changed their Ts and Cs recently.

Edit: I've been doing a lot of pro-Smyths posting recently. Has my ghost been hacked? Damn this cheap open-source cyberbrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well they let me use my loyalty card when I bought unit 13 at the same time, but otherwise I believe you have to wait a week. And symths are really good. Better than gamestop anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

ya smyths almost always have sealed stock and there prices are competitive to hmv at least with the loyalty card, with HMV and most Gamestop stores selling gutted games at new prices I usually buy games in Smyths or Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Will smyths be cheaper for console if u have a loyalty card?

thought 3ds was out next friday its next saturday weird doesnt all games console release on a friday

anyone seen any cases for 3ds xl i havent seen any on amazon either surely ill need one ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

anyone seen any cases for 3ds xl i havent seen any on amazon either surely ill need one ha ha

Probably need one of these...
    Lowe%20Alpine%20Bear%20Tooth%20Air%2035L%20rucksack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

cloud493 wrote: »
    That's why I said 10%. 10% of 40 quid is 4 quid. So, 35.99.

the games said the price normal €44.99, our price with smyths membership card €35.99

some where price normal price €49.99, our price with smyths membership card €39.99

• Advertisement

The symths loyalty card discount off new games in 10%. Fact. .

The smyths ths loyalty card discount off new games in 10%. Fact. .

€44.99 = €35.99 is not 10%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Your name would apply better to them...

Hardly surprising :rolleyes:

Seems like the best choice is between HMV and gamestop then.

The price may go down again or they may have a good bundle deal, still considering HMV will be doing the console for €209.99 and the charger for €10 you get both and €5 change versus Smyths €224.99 for only the console. Vote with your feet guys,screw Smyths and their BS prices.

• Advertisement

The price may go down again or they may have a good bundle deal, still considering HMV will be doing the console for €209.99 and the charger for €10 you get both and €5 change versus Smyths €224.99 for only the console. Vote with your feet guys,screw Smyths and their BS prices.

i got charger for 3ds in €6.99 in HMV, it wasnt official nintendo 3ds charger but it still works,

i have sonic generations for 3ds to trade it with my 3ds in gamestop already 10 euro hope there cheapest gonna get star fox 64 give that series a shot

the 3ds xl out on saturday not friday ? weird

Game in the UK are releasing on Friday apparently.

Hmv seem worst value for trade in!!!

70 for your 3ds and console is 210 so 140 euro in hmv to trade for a 3ds

• Advertisement

Hmv seem worst value for trade in!!!

70 for your 3ds and console is 210 so 140 euro in hmv to trade for a 3ds

Far as I know, the 3DS trade in value is 91 in HMV.

Rang today hmv in Naas and that's what I was told!! Cloud do u know different or something mate??

Sorry newbridge I meant

Far as I'm aware, for a 3DS in reasonable condition, you should get 91. It still sells pre owned for 140 like.

really unsure what colour to get the xl in!!! what colours are u guys picking up

Red and black :cool:(thats the colour right, not red and silver)

Red and black :cool:(thats the colour right, not red and silver)

Yeah red and black or black and blue I can't decide

Don't like look of grey silver and black

Anyone else super excited for this? Love my 3DS <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Still not sure if I'm going to get one. I'm leaning towards yes though. Mainly since my 3DS is one of the ones where the bottom screen presses against the top screen and the ds 1:1 mode looks like playing on an actual ds. The shops trade in deals seem fairly crap though.

• Advertisement

as soon 3ds xl comes out there new comers out there in the ranks

It just so happens, I'mma gonna be in belfast on the 28th :D so I will take advantage of Game/Gamestations excellent deal.

It just so happens, I'mma gonna be in belfast on the 28th :D so I will take advantage of Game/Gamestations excellent deal.

No gamestation in Belfast, only on the mainland.

What was the game or gamestation deal??

Ah well, there's Game with the same deal. Trade in your old 3DS and get the 3DS XL + charger for 80 pounds

Ah well, there's Game with the same deal. Trade in your old 3DS and get the 3DS XL + charger for 80 pounds

That's bout 100 euro isn't it??

Just about, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

So has anyone pre-ordered this for tomorrow/Saturday?

What deal is the best?

The best deal seems to be from GameStop. Crap otherwise.

• Advertisement

Hmv offering 71 euro for a 3ds the robbing bastards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Deals seem crap; sticking with what I got.

Btw, have people seen the latest US sales figures? 3DS is struggling, but the DS is still selling very well. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Cheers, does anyone know exactly what the plan is for the account transfer? Will they do it in-store when you buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Cheers, does anyone know exactly what the plan is for the account transfer? Will they do it in-store when you buy it?

Make sure you ask them.
    You need to be holding both in your hands to transfer your eshop account.
    Kinski wrote: »
    Btw, have people seen the latest US sales figures? 3DS is struggling, but the DS is still selling very well. Weird.

NoA isn't doing a very good job of it.
    DS sales in Japan have dropped off to around PSP/V numbers.

More examples of nintendos brilliant online service /3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

message from home, my preordered 3ds xl from gamestop ( for the young lad)has arrived, need to get home quickly!

Got an email last night to say it had shipped, was not expecting it till Saturday

• Advertisement

You'd wanna be sure Game in Belfast is still open, I know the one in Derry shut up shop too, leaving only HMV and the likes of CEX for games, and CEX are all second hand stuff!

According to their website, there's still two. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You'd wanna be sure Game in Belfast is still open, I know the one in Derry shut up shop too, leaving only HMV and the likes of CEX for games, and CEX are all second hand stuff!

When did that happen in Derry? It was open when I was there this time last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Kinski wrote: »
    Deals seem crap; sticking with what I got.

Yeah, checked gamestop earlier and was told €129 plus my 3ds. I just cant justify it. I did have a shot of one and it was magic. I wont go over €100. Also have been holding out on resi revelations and want to play it with the other thumbstick. Anyone any advice on whether or not i should worry about that? Does it make a lot of difference to the gameplay?

I will have a Silver 3 DSXL for sale on Adverts on Saturday, got one/getting one as a 30th birthday present and I am getting a Blue one myself. May swap it for a 3DS with games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement