Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim training sessions

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently got into Tris. My last olympic I did the swim (sea) in just over 25 mins. Would like to knock 2-3 mins off this.

I currently swim 2-3 times per week, around 2-2.2km per 45 min session. There are no clubs or groups who do sets at the time I go.

Does anyone have any links to training sets. Or perhaps post what their training sessions consist of?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've recently got into Tris. My last olympic I did the swim (sea) in just over 25 mins. Would like to knock 2-3 mins off this.

I currently swim 2-3 times per week, around 2-2.2km per 45 min session. There are no clubs or groups who do sets at the time I go.

Does anyone have any links to training sets. Or perhaps post what their training sessions consist of?
    Thanks

presuming you swam as a child?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

tunney wrote: »
    presuming you swam as a child?

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

ebixa82 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I'm presumming he's suggesting your time of 25mins for a first tri is pretty decent (which it is) - hence you must have some of the basics from when you were a pup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

miller82 wrote: »
    I'm presumming he's suggesting your time of 25mins for a first tri is pretty decent (which it is) - hence you must have some of the basics from when you were a pup

Ya, I'm a competent swimmer. That's why I mentioned my last time. But I'd like to know what kind of training people who swim low 20 mins olympic distance swims do.
    Need to know how much harder I need to push myself without overdoing it.
    Typical sets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Your best bet is the training logs here. Have a look at Bambatta, Shotgunmcos, and El Directors logs to have an idea of what the better swimmers are doing. My swimming is going alright too, so you could have a look there if you're stick for more info. Avoid Jackybacks log though, he swims like a hammer. A sledge hammer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Avoid Jackybacks log though, he swims like a hammer. A sledge hammer..

LMFAO.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Your best bet is the training logs here. Have a look at Bambatta, Shotgunmcos, and El Directors logs to have an idea of what the better swimmers are doing. My swimming is going alright too, so you could have a look there if you're stick for more info. Avoid Jackybacks log though, he swims like a hammer. A sledge hammer..

Did your mother never tell you that its rude to make fun of the disabled???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ye ginger *******:) Yes OP stay away from my log when it comes to swimming and BTH's for sun tanning tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Ouch!!

Advertisement