Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Customers with Employers who bank with Ulster Bank

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭

Ulster Bank have resorted to the tried and tested technology of the large paper ledger book and quill to make payments to their Customers.

What facilities are BOI putting in place to facilitate your Customers whose Employers bank with UB and have not received their wages etc this week?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Tow,

Whilst Bank of Ireland's systems and processing times are unaffected we are very aware that some of our customers are experiencing delays in credit and debit payments outside of our control. We are working closely with those customers who contact us in difficulty and would encourage any customer who is adversely affected or in financial distress to make direct contact with their branch immediately.

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Linda,

If a BOI customer has charges from failed DDs on the account, due to the failure of UB to credit their account in a timely manner. What steps (if any)will they have to take to get the charges reversed by BOI or will they have to invoice UB for same?

Thanks,
    Tow.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Tow,

I'm looking into this for you at the moment. Ill post back here as soon as I have an update.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Would like to know about this as i have been charged for a standing order i missed because of the ulster bank fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Tow and ofcork,

We've just had an official update on this:
    Whilst Bank of Ireland's systems and processing times remain unaffected, we are very aware that some of our customers have experienced delays in credit and debit payments outside of our control. We are working closely with customers who contact us, providing access to essential cash where regular wage/salary payments have been delayed.

In addition, Bank of Ireland confirms that it is its intention that no customer be disadvantaged by unintended fees, charges or interest as a direct result of the Ulster Bank delays in processing debits and credits. We would encourage any customer who has been adversely impacted in this way to make direct contact with us in order to ensure a reversal of such charges and/or an interest adjustment where appropriate.

I hope this helps to clear things up.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement

I hope this helps to clear things up.

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. I came across this post, where unfortunately some of your colleagues have not yet been briefed. Is there a team/section to contact if difficulties arise?

[Bump] 29-06-2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Tow wrote: »
    Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. I came across this post, where unfortunately some of your colleagues have not yet been briefed. Is there a team/section to contact if difficulties arise?

Hi Tow,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

All staff have now been updated on the procedure to follow. At the time of our previous post the press release had just been issued.

Affected customers will need to get in contact with their account holding branch who will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Tara

Advertisement