Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain v France

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta. Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, Pedro, Torres, Negredo, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

France: Lloris, Reveillere, Rami, Koscielny, Clichy, M'Vila, Debuchy, Cabaye, Malouda, Ribery, Benzema. Subs: Mandanda, Evra, Valbuena, Giroud, Nasri, Matuidi, Menez, Diarra, Martin, Ben Arfa, Carrasso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Well I backed France to win the tournament during the Ukraine game. Thought they looked really good, playing almost an arrogant game. They were 8/1 when they went 1-0. Then, they win 2-0, draw Spain after the game against Sweden and now they're 12/1... Well done Chip!

Honestly, I think I'm on a losing bet, the Spanish Midfield isn't invincible, but it's superior to that of France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Spain playing 4-6-0 against Frances 4-5-1
    This will not be pretty .

I kinda hope Spain get dumped out as this 4-6-0 formation is an utter joke and they have become boring to watch with their obsession with maintaining possession.

No torres??

Jeez, how does that effect a wincast does anyone know? Or does it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Spain and Italy to crush all opposition by 4 goals+ on the way to the final.
    Thus adding evidence to the growing theory that Ireland were the fourth best team in the competition and were victims of an unlucky draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Problems brewing in the French camp, just wish Spain started with a striker

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A 0-0 with Arbeloa being booked and Benzema scoring a quadruple hat trick would be just ideal.

But realistically, I'll go with Spain 1-0.

Best thing for France was Mexes missing this game, although that's somewhat cancelled by the fact Malouda is starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I think that Blanc showed his tactical awareness by deploying Debuchy as a RM to limit the runs of Jordi Alba, who always seems to get forward. In doing that, they have taken away an outlet which has been used very often by Spain thus far.

It will also help to nullify Iniesta - The more I look at the line-ups, the more convinced I am that France can win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Spain have never won a match against France in a major competition. If only Bill was on tonight to give out that statistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Liam Brady seemed to think that Mexes being out was a worry and pondered the concentration levels of Koscielny?

Compared to Mexes, Kos is a mental Yoda

It's amazing what these paid analysts come out with sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Why are the lads in studio so surprised over torres not starting? The Irish game is redundent in rating him and the 6midfielders works good enough. Have any of em even heard or seen llorente?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Croatia had their chance to knock spain out. Whathisname should have buried that header and then Croatia were through and Spain were gone. Perhaps they will push on, but thus far they drew with Italy and the Spain v Croatia match could have gone either way.

They did EIRE well to their credit. :P

If Spain and Croatia drew then Spain were still through unless i'm mistaken? Goal difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Hmmmm....no strikers for Spain again? This is a hell of an interesting tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Anyone know what formation France are playing tonight? RTE (and now ITV) presented it as their standard formation but the players they've picked look like 3 / 5 at the back to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Boll*cks I have Torres in my fantasy team!

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    If Spain and Croatia drew then Spain were still through unless i'm mistaken? Goal difference

It was nil all at that stage and late in the match. Spain went up the pitch and scored. If Rakitic had put away that header then Croatia were through.

Boll*cks I have Torres in my fantasy team!

I have Eric Abidal. Picked my team about two months ago and forgot about it. Couldn't be arsed changing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Whatever happens tonight I have a feeling it's gonna be a very one sided game.

Down Spain's right/France's left I mean.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't believe that was over a decade ago. Still so vivid for me this fixture in Euro 00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Spain to win this in extra time 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Spain have never won a match against France in a major competition. If only Bill was on tonight to give out that statistic.

There ya go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

can't believe Malouda is starting

I love the French national anthem.

I bet Robbie Keane could still find a way to murder the Spanish anthem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Prob been asked before, but does anyone know the name of the musical piece thats played as the players leave the tunnel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

nuxxx wrote: »
    can't believe Malouda is starting

I really don't get that one at all. Strange decision.

Prob been asked before, but does anyone know the name of the musical piece thats played as the players leave the tunnel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I love the French national anthem.

That was a poor enough version of it though. Class anthem though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Really want some team to **** up the kick off after that countdown thingy.

Really want some team to **** up the kick off after that countdown thingy.

Happened last night. False start. Had to go again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
    xxxxxxxxx-1 6/23/12 2:39pm $50.00 $110.00 Pending 6/23/12 2:45pm International Soccer 304 France advances vs Spain advances

C'mon France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

The noise of that Helicopter really annoying

That looked a peno when live, but on replay ref got it right it seems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stevecw wrote: »
    That looked a peno when live, but on replay ref got it right it seems
    I don't agree, he was clipped and brought down. The ball dropped right in front of him so if he wasn't clipped he may have controlled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

THE UKRAINE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I havnt watched France so far in the tournament until now but has clichy being starting LB ahead of evra in all the games so far or has evra being dropped for this one?

Needless to say clichy is the better of the 2, Evra has been terrible for a few seasons now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Renn wrote: »
    THE UKRAINE

Drives me mad! Why?!!

I havnt watched France so far in the tournament until now but has clichy being starting LB ahead of evra in all the games so far or has evra being dropped for this one?

Needless to say clichy is the better of the 2, Evra has been terrible for a few seasons now.

Iirc Evra had game1 , but Clichy has been there for 2 and 3.

Spain always seem to have that ball out to right wing available. France may do something about that soon. Way too much room out there.

• Advertisement

not much atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

kitakyushu wrote: »

Iirc Evra had game1 , but Clichy has been there for 2 and 3.

Cheers , evra being a liability at the back is probably why hes been dropped, the last I saw of him for France was a frendily before the euros when I think he cost them 2 goals.

I hope united get rid of him, he's not the player he was.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    not much atmosphere

I heard today that only 800 French fans made the journey and 2,000 Spanish. Like last night it's probably all locals again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

ollie1 wrote: »
    The noise of that Helicopter really annoying
    Pretty bad air safety record in Ukraine.....

Nice goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Class header by Alonso

• Advertisement

Tell us Ray, what should Spain be doing now?

This system isn't working.....

Oh wait :)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This system isn't working.....

Oh wait :)

Do you work in Ulsterbank?

Well worked goal, well taken by Alonso. Unlikely 1st goal, a header by him...can't ever remember him scoring a header before!

For all those pix of Iniesta surrounded by players, Ribery had about four Spanish closing him down just now. They can defend too :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement