Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do next

Options
  • 22-06-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello,
    i have just finished my first year in college and i have passed all of my exams. However, the course is'nt for me and i am planning to go back into first year (in the same college) and start a new course but in a different faculty to my present course.

I have already applied to the CAO and i have filled out the form etc. I am aware of the fees situation but just to confirm - i will have to pay fees only for the first year of my new course since i have already done first year of a different course? So from second year onwards i wont have to pay fees?

Also, what is the procedure that i follow to inform the college? I am still registered as a student in my current course so do i ring the college and tell them i am dropping out of my current course and that i am starting again? Or will the CAO automatically inform them when i accept my new course?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shiny Cactus

You should contact them yourself just to be sure but you have to registration every year so they will know by the start of the college year (since your not registering again for the same course).
    About the fees you have it right, you'll only paid for the year you already studied the rest are paid if you meet the requirements.

Advertisement