Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinning during race season

Options
  • 22-06-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do many people do spin classes / sessions during the season, as part of your training ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

IMHO Spinning is a waste of time, especially during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I used to do spinning classes and thought they were a great workout. Fast forward 1/2 years with coach prescribed turbo sessions and there is no comparison, turbo wins hands down in terms of toughness and improvement on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

tunney wrote: »
    IMHO Spinning is a waste of time, especially during the summer.

care to divuldge ?
    for the record, i don't actually do any myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

If you can get out on your bike or use your bike on a turbo then that would be better than spinning. It's all about workouts being specific to what you are using them for - triathlon. If you train on your race bike you are using the same muscles in the same way as you would when racing. A spin bike would have a different position so whilst giving you a CV workout wouldn't replicate as well what you will face in a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

A spin bike would have a different position so whilst giving you a CV workout wouldn't replicate as well what you will face in a race.

i was thinking the same myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 joe.mag

Just jump on and spin

Advertisement