Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoPro woes

• 22-06-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Having recently bought a GoPro hd I'm having trouble getting a suitable format to work in Corel x4 Ultimate.
    The files come off the card in mp4 format but Corel wont accept it even though its listed as mp4 compatable :confused:

Is it something to do with compression ??

Any idea if I was to convert to another supported format which would give the best results as I really do want to keep the hd quality as best I can?.

These formats are allegedly supported by Corel :rolleyes:
    AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVCHD,
    MPEG-4, H.264, BDMV, DV, HDV
    , DivX®,
    QuickTime
    ®, RealVideo®, Windows Media®
    Format, MOD (JVC® MOD File Format), M2TS,
    M2T, TOD, 3GPP, 3GPP2

TIA
    GH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

I normally have to convert my GoPro clips into .mov in order to get them working properly without rendering in FCP. The problem is in order to save on filesize the GoPro uses a finishing format instead of a working one. Try converting to another type using Handbrake or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't have to convert the video I take off the go pro and they play fine within windows. You do want to be careful when converting not to lose the colour detail.

Downloading a codec pack like K-lite might help.

Meant to mention that cineform is one of the best codecs to deliver and edit on. Decently sized files, edits smoothly and don't lose any detail. Only problem is the cost but you can use the trial

(and then use it again and again and again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

. Only problem is the cost but you can use the trial
    There's a free version for use with the go pro.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's a free version for use with the go pro.

even better :D!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

GoPro bought Cineform hence the free version. Its handy for doing basic edits and slow motion from 60fps shots. They're bringing out a pro firmware for the Hero 2 that bumps the video bit rate to 35mbits and flattens the image for colour correction in post.

Advertisement