Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do

• 22-06-2012 10:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

so, the job was nice enough to drop ipad's on our desk's this morning. session through the recession etc which was very nice of them.

But I never had a reason or a need for one.

so what do you do with yours that's unique to the ipad?

help this ipad not gather dust :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

puffishoes wrote: »

My best advice is to give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

or you could do this....stick it to the man!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I subscribe to guitar world magazine in the newstand, the annual sub is the same price as two issues in easons. I can also plug my guitar in via the irig adaptor (€35) and record into garageband. (android cant handle audio because of latency so they would find this impossible)

if i'm watching something on tv that the missus has no interest in, she can watch something on netflix (and vice versa) and we also have an apple tv and we use airplay a lot.

hows that for starters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

so, the job was nice enough to drop ipad's on our desk's this morning. session through the recession etc which was very nice of them.

But I never had a reason or a need for one.

so what do you do with yours that's unique to the ipad?

Look through the app store and download whatever interests you. We can't help unless we know your interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'd love it if the OP worked in the public sector.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Look through the app store and download whatever interests you. We can't help unless we know your interests.

It's more to try out anything that's ipad specific.

for example there's a "drum" app you can play the drums. I think that's fairly unique to ipad's/iphone's anything that's unique I'll give a go I'm not looking for something to specific address my interest/hobbie's more to see what the ipad can do.

I wish I did :)

But no I'm just an average joe with no big pension ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm not looking for something to specific address my interest/hobbie's more to see what the ipad can do.
    There are 1000's of super apps loads of us will never see, because they relate to tasks/interests not relevant to us. You really need to choose something that interests you; news, media, photography, tech, music, history - whatever - and scour the app store (and google) for the "best apps" relating to that subject.

For example I like movies. The IMDB app is possibly the best app I've used in terms of finding and displaying layer, upon layer of movie-related information. It looks slick and is a joy to use.

And you could do a lot worse than checking out apps like Flipboard and Pulse. They are brilliant at gathering news and features based on preset areas of interest chosen by you. They are a good window into how easily and interactively media can be fed to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

so the company just bought them...gave them out without any idea of how they are going to be used ?

Thats mad...:eek:

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Do you work for Apple:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

so the company just bought them...gave them out without any idea of how they are going to be used ?

Thats mad...:eek:

Not all companies are losing money! Obviously the OP's company are still doing well and are just treating their staff.....and I'm very jealous!

BDJW wrote: »
    Not all companies are losing money! Obviously the OP's company are still doing well and are just treating their staff.....and I'm very jealous!

Neither is the one I work for...but they dont bandy around ipads for the crack

Gee's up moral! ;)

A happy employee is a hard working employee :D

Like the star walking app for example, not much of a star gazer but tried this out over the weekend and pretty damn cool and an app _everyone_ could enjoy regardless of their interest.

these are the type of things I guess I'm look for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

very weird comment :rolleyes:
    I wish I did :)

But no I'm just an average joe with no big pension ;)

A bit like most Public Servants then ;)

Enjoy the iPad :D

Green eyed monster much?

BDJW wrote: »
    Green eyed monster much?

nope...have my own...just strange business economics

No it's not, not in the slightest. Maybe some employers still work on the assumption that their employees are their best asset. To a company doing well, dropping 10k on iPads wouldn't be a drop in the water, however, they will end up with a happy workforce who may go that extra mile for their boss as they are treated well. They will also see staff who will show more loyalty and stay in that job longer if they are treated well

more beneficial than bringing a load of people to the pub and filling them with beer and food for a night?

more beneficial than bringing a load of people to the pub and filling them with beer and food for a night?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Jesus, you guys would be great fun at a party. The OP asked what you used your iPad for, not to debate the economic prowess of his employer.

OP, I use mine for catching up on news (Flipboard is excellent), I play the odd game, and keep it nearby when watching TV (great for checking out random facts, IMDB etc). It's also handy to keep in the car if you want to check maps or check email on something more substantial than a phone. And finally, if you travel, it's a godsend for long flights!

• Advertisement
Advertisement