Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nutrition and Exercise apps

• 22-06-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭

Could be a good idea to get a list of all the useful apps out there for apple iOS and android devices.

Theres apps out there for everything at this stage, so lets here what you find to be good or useful to the rest of us. Anything from calorie tracking, recipes, run trackers, hiking trails and the list goes on,

Some that I use would be:

Myfitnesspal
    Gps life( maps your walk)
    Tap and track

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

iFitness is what Ive downloaded (iphone) and will be using as soon as my fat hole decides to get in gear :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I have Nike+gps
    TargetWeight (for tracking your weight)
    Niketraining - this is good but takes up a lot of memory
    recent one - Sworkit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Garmin Fit. Great if you plan to buy a Garmin watch in future as they use the same web portal/interface: connect.garmin.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mapmyrun. use it to track my runs and mapmyride to map bike rides, but pretty sure maymyrun will track both...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How can you run with a phone on your body, I just can't do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How can you run with a phone on your body, I just can't do it!

Sports armband cases are pretty popular for running

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saralee2

Just a request - if you post an app here, could you please briefly include what it does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I've found JEFIT on Android very handy. Basically lets you design workouts and has a huge library of different exercises - more weights focused than cardio. Lets you put in the weight you've lifted and the reps for each workout and calculates your 1rm, you can sync it online. Only ever used the free version so dunno if the paid is any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

These apps can be used for fun purpose, but I can't say how accurate they are and how much should a person follow their procedure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Well , it's not only fun,just easier to record/measure the peformance.

For fat-burning high intensity workouts like HIIT, Tabata, interval cycling, running, weight training, boxing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.efrac.MyIntervalTimer&feature=order_history

calorie counter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5teWZpdG5lc3NwYWwuYW5kcm9pZCJd

GPS sports tracking app. Running, cycling, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, sailing, biking, flying, gliding. The best featured app to record your GPS track and monitor your performance and cardio fitness.

http://www.sportstracklive.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lisacon

Just downloaded zombies, run!

Basically zombies have taken over the world and are coming after you - you have missions where you pick up items and when the zombies chase up you have to pick up speed - can be used on the road or the treadmill - its a great all if you get a bit bored or dont the motivation to keep running, and between the mission instruction your songs play - I'm only 4 missions in but I'm loving it!

One con - cost me €6!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Gymboss allows you to create your own individual timers, tabata already set up for you.

Different colours and ring tones allow you to distinguish between work and rest.

It's free and also works as stop watch

Advertisement