Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business On Line replacement

Options
  • 22-06-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭

When in the name of all that is good and holy will that stinking turd of a system you call business on line be replaced by something usable?

You cannot use it on a mac

You HAVE to use Internet explorer

You have to retrieve accounts when you login

You have to retain 3 different sets of passwords, (user password, user digital cert password & CUA passwords)

The flipping passwords only last 90 days which means you have to keep writing them down to you can remember them if you dont use them that often, especially the CUA one.

There is no mobile connectivity, i.e. when on the road I'd like to see if the payment I was promised arrived.

How can you justify charging €180 a year, on top of all the other fees, for this?

There must be something in the pipeline, I've been hearing that a replacement is on the way since 2008, someone in there must have some idea what is happening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Nuttzz,

We understand our customers' need for an improved service and hope to have something compatible with Mac in the future.

It is possible to access Business On Line using virtualisation software, however, we don't offer technical support for it.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I've forwarded it to our Business On Line team for consideration in future developments.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Graham,

Providing Nuttzz does not need any of the special features of Business on Line, would it no be better for him to change over to Banking 365?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi Tow,

Although it may be possible to set up a 'trading as' account on Banking365, standard business accounts can't be operated on this service.
    It is normally only personal accounts that can be set up, but it depends on the kind of account you have in particular. We would need to check the account before we could advise correctly of whether you can set it up online or not.

A customer can find out if their account is eligible by contacting Banking365 on 0818 365 365.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Business on line just seems to get worse.

I put through a payment on the 25th June to an overseas account and it was never received.

I ended up having to do the transfer to the same account from my 365 account which arrived in the overseas account 2 days later.

In the meantime my payment from the 25th is "lost" somewhere between the BOI account and the foreign account and I have to pay €25 to bank of Ireland for them to find my own money.

365 and the mobile apps show that bank of ireland can develop good customer facing applications when they want, you have to be embarrassed as a business that BOL is what you supply your business customers with.

Someone must have some sort of timeframe for a BOL replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Nuttzz,

I apologise about the charge. If it is found to be Bank of Ireland's error we will refund the €25 to your account.

We don't have a timeframe for updating Business On Line as of yet but once we do have a launch date we will let our customers know.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I would love to have online access to my business accounts and credit card, but €15 a month is hellishly expensive when I only write 2-3 cheques and maybe have 10 CC transactions a month. Why can't small businesses use something akin to Banking 365? I'd even pay a few euro a month for the convenience of not having to haul my ass down to the bank and print off a mini statement etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Yakuza,
    It may be possible to set up a 'trading as' account on banking365. It is normally only personal accounts that can be set up, but it depends on the kind of account you have in particular. We would need to check the account before we could advise correctly of whether you can set it up online or not.

Please be aware that banking365 is designed for personal customers. You will need to make sure it does suit your needs, here are the terms and conditions as there are some limitations that apply to banking365.

If you would like to call banking365 on 0818 365 365 from 8am - midnight Monday to Friday or Saturdays 10am - 2pm to see if your account is eligible.

I hope this may be able to help you.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Thanks for the reply. My accounts are the full-blown limited company variety, but I'll give them a ring and see. "Trading as" sounds like it's only applicable to a sole trader type setup, which mine isn't.

Hi Yakuza,

Limited companies can't be set up on Banking365. You could speak with your branch about the possibility of changing the frequency of your statements to receive them more regularly than you do at the moment. You can find contact details for your branch here.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I am in the process of closing my business account with BoI because of this. Still have a personal account also which provides much better online functionality and is FREE.

Yes if you had a 365 online account for the business it would be a lot better, but they won't let you do that! It's a way for them to extort money from businesses. On top of the fees the worst bit is the limitation to only 3 months of transaction history! To get statements from further back you have to pay them a fortune...

Switching to a competitor is the only solution really, they have much better internet banking and less fees.

BoI are a complete failure for small businesses, and do not offer an appropriate package.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi srsly78,

Sorry to hear you are closing your account.

We are currently working on a replacement for Business On Line which will be compatible with different browsers and PCs. Unfortunately, we don't have an exact launch date as yet but will post any updates we receive here on the forum.

We thank you for your feedback on the issues you mentioned and I have passed it on to the relevant department.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 11 micfur

Hi srsly78,

Sorry to hear you are closing your account.

We are currently working on a replacement for Business On Line which will be compatible with different browsers and PCs. Unfortunately, we don't have an exact launch date as yet but will post any updates we receive here on the forum.

We thank you for your feedback on the issues you mentioned and I have passed it on to the relevant department.

Thanks
    Tara

BoI have been trotting out this 'it's on the way' fiction for years. I'll believe it when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MAR86

Are there any current issues with BOL? I tried 10 times to log in from IE but I can't make it...I have JAVA installed and everything...it was working last week. Is this a problem on your side or is it just me?

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Yeah, seems to be down at the moment allright. Maybe they are in the process of upgrading to the elusive 'new' version!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi MAR86,

Thanks for contacting us.

BOL was down for routine maintenance yesterday evening.
    There is a message on the homepage under the www.bolstatus.com link that says:

Due to Routine Maintenance Business On Line will be offline between 7pm - 10pm.

Normal service will be resumed once maintenance has been completed

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Business On Line

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement