Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTia N+

Options
  • 22-06-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Guys thinking of starting the Network + in a few weeks, I have a good background in IT, I'm an MCP and have 2 MCTS is 2008 (going for server pro at the end of July)

I know N+ is a step back but i want to fill some gaps in my knowledge before moving on to Cisco. can anyone recommend a decent book that will meet the new criteria?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The ICND 1 course covers roughly the same material as the N+. I would just do the CCNA through the CCENT path. Otherwise its just duplication of learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

ok cool that makes sense in that its a step up instead of back on the certification. any recommendations on reading material? is there a preferred book etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gigabytes

synoasis wrote: »
    Which books shall i follow for the exam? There are so many on the website. Totally confused:(

Anything to do with CompTIA Mike Meyers is your man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hello. What year did the Network+ N10-003 appear? Was it 2007?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Worztron wrote: »
    Hello. What year did the Network+ N10-003 appear? Was it 2007?

2005 I believe, and was retired in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

The ICND 1 course covers roughly the same material as the N+. I would just do the CCNA through the CCENT path. Otherwise its just duplication of learning.

Sorry but can you explain the differnece between ICND 1, CCNA and the CCENT path?
    It all sounds quite confusing :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Sorry but can you explain the differnece between ICND 1, CCNA and the CCENT path?
    It all sounds quite confusing :)

Thanks

We'll let it slide this time that you didn't read the sticky ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055286359

• Registered Users Posts: 18 peter4sks

Doing N+ at the moment. There is a great N+ app available on windows phone. im sure its on Android/iphone too. Really helps me. Might not be a bad idea before you start your course. Cost me 5Euro but it was worth every penny.

Theres a test section to test yourself and a mentor section where it gives you alot of info. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Would it be better to do the CCNA course and then do the N+ exam and the CCNA exam and have both? Anyone i know who did the CCNA course walked the N+.

Dunno, Its recommended for the N+ that you do A+ first. I did. Dont know anything about CCNA.

• Advertisement

The ccna would be more advanced than the n+ so if you sit and pass the ccna I doubt there's much point in doint the n+ course

Faolchu wrote: »
    The ccna would be more advanced than the n+ so if you sit and pass the ccna I doubt there's much point in doint the n+ course

I'd agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Finished a course in CCNA earlier this year and must get around to doing it - thinking of doing the CompTIA N+ prior to this to get me into the rythm of studying and would imagine it'll make going over the initial CCNA stuff a little easier when I come to studying that.

Plus, better to have two certs on the CV rather than one is my school of thought.

I'd just concentrate on the ccna to be fair its a higher level cert and would look better on your cv. But I hear what you're saying, more is better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Faolchu wrote: »
    I'd just concentrate on the ccna to be fair its a higher level cert and would look better on your cv. But I hear what you're saying, more is better
    Yeah, plus, just started in a new position so I'm thinking while I'm settling in there the CompTIA N+ might be an easier cert to get, while helping me towards the CCNA.

Advertisement