Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were to do or have done an Ironman, which and why.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

tunney wrote: »
    Austria - hours.

Austria not opened yet

Frankfurt today.

Anyone know any florist in the Santry area that are open late on Fridays?

Frankfurt reopens for a day at xmas. Also if you desperate after this u can pay extra and get a slot through nirvana

tunney wrote: »
    Austria - hours.

Austria not opened yet

Frankfurt today.

Anyone know any florist in the Santry area that are open late on Fridays?

Its more than a florist i need!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Frankfurt reopens for a day at xmas. Also if you desperate after this u can pay extra and get a slot through nirvana

Oh really......................on the 25th ???

miller82 wrote: »
    You're sh11ting me :eek: . the likes of Austria and frankfurt would be sold out within a day or two ? have they opened (and closed) for next year ?

As well as one day at xmas it also opens the day after the race at 6pm..on july 9th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just go home and tell her you've booked it. Don't ask. Rookie mistake.

• Advertisement

Oh really......................on the 25th ???

no some day in december..u have to keep an eye on website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Just go home and tell her you've booked it. Don't ask. Rookie mistake.

+1

The golden rule of event sign up:

"It is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Jesus, i must be great in bed or something as i do not have any of those difficulties getting permission from the better half:)

I was told "don't enter anything without telling me before hand this year"

Austria 2009 - months before she heard
    Frankfurt 2011 - found out the day before Austrai 2010 I'd entered
    Roth 2012 - months later she heard

Austria 2010 was her idea - sitting in a bar in Austria after the hospital in 2009.

Dare i mention UK or Wales as an option :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

UK is **** tbh, i done it last year. It lacks that real big race feeling, only it was my first IM distance race i would have left dissapointed with the whole experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

There are easier courses

Wales looked like a cracking course and location but the bike looked really hard, none of the Pros's broke 9 hours, while I am sure recovery was a factor between them Adam Farlowe was 40 minutes faster on the Ironman UK course

UK is the same you would want to be strong on the bike for those two

There are many many reasons they dont sell out.....think of galway

catweazle wrote: »
    There are easier courses

Wales looked like a cracking course and location but the bike looked really hard, none of the Pros's broke 9 hours, while I am sure recovery was a factor between them Adam Farlowe was 40 minutes faster on the Ironman UK course

UK is the same you would want to be strong on the bike for those two

Lets put this to bed........

There are *some* fast course. However usually the reason a course is deemed "slow" is the depth of field.

Austria and Frankfurt - the bikes and bikers are uber impressive. The Germans really are all about the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Consider a race in the US, really is a completely different experience & very enjoyable. I did Wisconsin last year & was an amazing race, running up the Helix out of the water with the crowd 2/3 depp either side was fantastic.

LCD wrote: »
    Consider a race in the US, really is a completely different experience & very enjoyable. I did Wisconsin last year & was an amazing race, running up the Helix out of the water with the crowd 2/3 depp either side was fantastic.

"OOOOOHHHH I did Kona twice and am going back again" :)

+1 for this. Lake placid is the same. The village shuts down for the day. Will definitely go back some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Looking at IM NYC for next year...

and you think the European prices are crazy?:eek:

+1 for this. Lake placid is the same. The village shuts down for the day. Will definitely go back some day.

Yep I didn't just say Europe !

I like the look of lake placid !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

If you dont mind me asking, how much do you think it cost you - all in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

miller82 wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking, how much do you think it cost you - all in

Getting entry can be hard, my active account crashed & I ended up paying for a community spot.

Getting there is not too bad, 1 flight to Chicago with Aer Lingus & then rented a car and drove less than 2 hours to Madison (great city). Stayed in a hotel about 15mins drive from race start and was very reasonable & ate in the local restaurants.

Madison is really cool, university town so very hip, fixies, art galleries & coffee houses everywhere.

Race day crowds were huge and on the bike I saw Borat in mankini with a beer holder viking helmet on. Scary!! The run had a fair share of good natured drunks cheering us on

• Advertisement
Advertisement