Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desert car kings

• 22-06-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Desert car kings on shed ...

anybody see this program ??
    watched it last night for the first time ,some classic americain muscle cars left up in scrapyards !!!

good resto on a studabaker on it too,
    think the next one's a GTO resto ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes ive seen a few epps, good show.... must watch some more..
    I remember them renovating an old 50s F150 good epp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

There is a gto being restored in humble boolavoge at the minute, big brute of a thing I accidentally brushed my leg off the front chassis leg and I got a black and blue lump the size of a golfball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭whoami1

I like the stuff that they do, but I don't like the pieces to camera, which along with shows like American Pickers and Carfellas, seem very forced and unnatural. They all seem to have taken their style of voiceover and in particular the talking-head shots and tone of voice, from the style of American Chopper. I don't know if it's an American thing or if they're all advised/produced by the same network.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ta2kevin

I caught the last 15 minutes of it last night. I think it said that it's on Thursday nights at 9 on Discovery Shed, I may set a reminder for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bjak

Unfortunately more soap opera than car restoration show. Would be far more interesting if they showed how repair panels are made up and welded in than the section on selling off stuff found in cars, or the break in, or the snakes, or the worker turning up late etc.

They quote inflated prices for parts. In one episode, there was a contrived breaking of a hard to find rear window that they priced at $2,000 (?) yet bought an entire car including the glass for $900 (ish)

They use 2 pack paint that contains isocyanates and only seem to use only dust masks when spraying rather than the normal breathing aparatus most spray painters use. I imagine the quality of the finished paint is not the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Manta Mad ovci

Wacthed it i few times not my cup of tea i find it great for putting me to sleep.
    Turn on tv get into bed set the tv on sleep for 30 min and never does the tv turn off before i am asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

manta mad wrote: »
    Desert car kings on shed ...

anybody see this program ??
    watched it last night for the first time ,some classic americain muscle cars left up in scrapyards !!!

good resto on a studabaker on it too,
    think the next one's a GTO resto ..
    Wacthed it i few times not my cup of tea i find it great for putting me to sleep.
    Turn on tv get into bed set the tv on sleep for 30 min and never does the tv turn off before i am asleep.

Yeah, well you started it........oh wait! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

can you not come up with a better name than that lads ?????

Manta Mad OVCI :rolleyes:

chidish is the only word for ye !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Welcome to boards, Manta Mad ovci. But if you're only here to troll / annoy other users, you won't be staying here long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manta Mad ovci

unkel wrote: »
    Welcome to boards, Manta Mad ovci. But if you're only here to troll / annoy other users, you won't be staying here long.

Thank you for the welcome not here for any of the above have more important things in my life to direct my time too.
    Was not brought up that way thank god.

• Advertisement
Advertisement