Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Modem Router for good range

• 22-06-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if someone would recommend a good router (I'm with Vodafone DSL). The router they supply has internal antennae and the WiFi range is extremely limited and keeps dropping a few rooms.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced router to give me a good solid signal around the house or a solution to improve my current set up.

Thanks in advance

Rockin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You could buy a wireless repeater

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Big Lar wrote: »
    You could buy a wireless repeater

Hi, anyone in particular you'd recommend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

You could try changing the channel setting on your router first. Use Inssider to check what channels are congested, and change your modems channel setting to broadcast on a less-congested channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

roast wrote: »
    You could try changing the channel setting on your router first. Use Inssider to check what channels are congested, and change your modems channel setting to broadcast on a less-congested channel.

Hi thanks. tried that but the signal is near zero upstairs, I think a repeater or wired bridge is my only option here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Rockin wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering if someone would recommend a good router (I'm with Vodafone DSL). The router they supply has internal antennae and the WiFi range is extremely limited and keeps dropping a few rooms.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced router to give me a good solid signal around the house or a solution to improve my current set up.

Thanks in advance

Rockin

I use my old Eircom netopia router - hell of a lot better than the Vodafone one

• Advertisement
Advertisement