Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

deli counters

• 22-06-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dejopadu

whats the story with scabby people working on the deli counters these days?

was in centra yesterday & asked for a roll with ham & turkey, & the woman serving put the smallest amount of meat in, she even cut the slices in half ?? i asked for a bit more meat & she looked at me like i had 2 heads. so she made up the roll anyways & i checked the price - 4.89, my mates roll only cost around 3.50, so i didnt bother buying mine. my mate was lessed than impressed with his roll with 1 piece of ham cut in half in it.

same shop before i asked for a breakfast roll. the woman behind counter tells me they have no rashers, so i says no problem just put in more sausges, so she says that'll be extra 50cents or something. WTF

rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Like a bit more meat on yer rolls do ya? <nudge nudge>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why not just make your own ****ing lunch so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

They never have any idea how to make a decent sandwich/roll either.
    Even if you tell them what you want, in the order they should go in, they still decide to say put the tomatoes in last - when they nolonger fukcing fit!
    Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dejopadu wrote: »

rant over

If only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I just give her the eyes and my roll is overflowing with meat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Consumer Issues forum, if it really is that big a deal.

Or if you feel it's not much of a deal at all and rather stingy, there's the Rip Off Ireland forum as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

whats the story with scabby people working on the deli counters these days?

was in centra yesterday & asked for a roll with ham & turkey, & the woman serving put the smallest amount of meat in, she even cut the slices in half ?? i asked for a bit more meat & she looked at me like i had 2 heads. so she made up the roll anyways & i checked the price - 4.89, my mates roll only cost around 3.50, so i didnt bother buying mine. my mate was lessed than impressed with his roll with 1 piece of ham cut in half in it.

same shop before i asked for a breakfast roll. the woman behind counter tells me they have no rashers, so i says no problem just put in more sausges, so she says that'll be extra 50cents or something. WTF

rant over

THIEF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Jarren wrote: »

That thread shows someone who saw the woman make a crap roll, said nothing and bought it then went on the internet to moan about it.

If he didn't like he could have either asked for more or not bought it, like the OP above.

No sympathy for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

To be fair, the staff are probably told to use less fillings as a means to increase profit.

I remember buying a roll once that had so much filling it was impossible to eat, I ended up wearing it more than eating it :o.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

reprazant wrote: »
    That thread shows someone who saw the woman make a crap roll, said nothing and bought it then went on the internet to moan about it.

If he didn't like he could have either asked for more or not bought it, like the OP above.

No sympathy for him.

Yeah but your screwed either way here. If you piss off the deli woman can you trust her not to put snots in your roll in future ?

Average people are at the mercy of these modern soup nazi's, we take what we are given and be happy for it, and if you complain its game over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

You would have been completely within your rights to drag her out over the counter & bludgeon her to death with one of those 90% crust cuisine de france rolls.
    As her blood soaked twitching corpse lay their lifeless you would rise up your feet crimson & a champion of the people.
    One Braveheart speech later you would stride forth out into the carpark not as a man, as a god.

...... or just make your sandwiches in the morning you lazy plum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

rule of thumb: make the sandwich as if it was for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

everyone should boycott centra in protest of their skimpy rolls

lets all go to spar from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

go back and petrol bomb the centra, its the only way they'll learn

R&R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I agree with op. But its not every centra to be honest. I know one that does excellent rolls and food. They even do chips, burgers and other fast foods as well as rolls. It really drags in a lot business for them.

But in general deli counters are hit and miss, and there are more bad ones than good ones. I know one that charges €4.50 for a bit of ****ing chicken and others that charge 3.50 for a full breakfast roll.

Just dont give the bad ones your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

was in centra yesterday & asked for a roll with ham & turkey, & the woman serving put the smallest amount of meat in, she even cut the slices in half ??

The roll would still have had one slice of meat in it, wouldn't it. Half of ham and half of turkey. That's not too bad is it?

davet82 wrote: »
    go back and petrol bomb the centra, its the only way they'll learn

rob it first... might as well have the ciggies & till contents ;):D

NOTE: Commiting Robbery or Arson is illegal and dangerous so don't get caught or kill yourself :P

rob it first... might as well have the ciggies & till contents ;):D

sounds like a plan :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I once asked for every possible topping on the roll. Chicken fillet, chicken tikka, bacon, tuna,sausages, ham, turkey etc. it was comical, everyone in the que were laughing. Of course I had no intention of paying ( or eating it) for it. Just like countless times before I would casually walk past the till and out the door and enjoy my free roll. of course this time Inwas caught on the way out, I handed over the roll and walked out the door.

Thinking back I must have stolen thousands from one this shop, I'd literally stack stuff up in my arms so I could barely see where I was going.

I once asked for every possible topping on the roll. Chicken fillet, chicken tikka, bacon, tuna,sausages, ham, turkey etc. it was comical, everyone in the que were laughing. Of course I had no intention of paying ( or eating it) for it. Just like countless times before I would casually walk past the till and out the door and enjoy my free roll. of course this time Inwas caught on the way out, I handed over the roll and walked out the door.

Thinking back I must have stolen thousands from one this shop, I'd literally stack stuff up in my arms so I could barely see where I was going.

Any particular reason why you did that or are you just scummy?

cocoshovel wrote: »

Any particular reason why you did that or are you just scummy?

I'm pure scum

I'm pure scum

ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

You should have pulled her right through the deli unit by the hair, beat her to the ground and then stamped on her trachea until she died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Look at me, everyone, look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME!!!!

Sea Filly wrote: »

gerri halliwell sang that if i'm not mistaken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

The deli counter near my office don't know the difference between butter and margerine/spread. Also, they only butter one slice of bread per sandwich, and even that isn't done properly. When they cut the sandwich, they don't even do it evenly, corner to corner, so you end up with one large and one small mishapen parts. Oh, and they need to be reminded to clean the counter top before preparing a new sandwich. The same women have been there for three years and they haven't improved.

I wonder if it is the fault of the shop owner who do not train their staff, or the fault of the workers who are either really dim or just don't give a damn. Surely, even the lowly sandwich makers should take some pride in their work?

Sea Filly wrote: »

One must set oneself challenges in life and seek to triumph in the face of insurmountable odds.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

This sounds very immature and childish but have you considered a Stink Bomb attack on this shop in retaliation?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

davet82 wrote: »
    gerri halliwell sang that if i'm not mistaken?

Who's worse, you saying it first, or me knowing you're right? :eek:

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    This sounds very immature and childish but have you considered a Stink Bomb attack on this shop in retaliation?

a fly bomb is better...

get an old bit of meat and leave it out in the sun.... allow bluebottles to lay eggs in it and place it in a brown paper bag.... wait a week or so until the maggots pupate and are about to emerge as bluebottles and then throw the bag into the shop... watch as the shop gets infested by bluebottles

OP shops have overheads just like any business, we're all just trying to get by and earn a decent living, cut them some slack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

a fly bomb is better...

get an old bit of meat and leave it out in the sun.... allow bluebottles to lay eggs in it and place it in a brown paper bag.... wait a week or so until the maggots pupate and are about to emerge as bluebottles and then throw the bag into the shop... watch as the shop gets infested by bluebottles

That sounds like an horrendous thing to do.

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dejopadu

OP shops have overheads just like any business, we're all just trying to get by and earn a decent living, cut them some slack.

so you want to cut your overheads by over-charging customers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

annascott wrote: »
    The deli counter near my office don't know the difference between butter and margerine/spread. QUOTE]

Tell me more! How did they not know what it was.

This reminds me of the time when I asked did a customer what butter on their roll. He asked me what type it was and I told him Dairygold.

Well, he went off on one about it not being butter.....

Next time he came in I was tempted to ask him if he wanted low fat hydrogenised vegetable spread :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Every coffee bean is accounted for in these places these days.. they are told exactly what size piece of meat constitutes a portion.. if you had asked her for more meat she would have given it but you would have been charged extra..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Consumer Issues forum, if it really is that big a deal.

Or if you feel it's not much of a deal at all and rather stingy, there's the Rip Off Ireland forum as well.

would you be whats known as a back seat moderator?im just asking because it doesnt say moderator under your name.

what about people going into a deli, picking up stuff like buns and bread rolls sqeezing them, smelling them and saying nah i dont like the look of it and putting it back down.saw one guy do that very thing today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

butter mayonnaise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Deli Worker: Would you like Butter or Mayo?

Me: I would love some butter! but since you don't have any butter and will smear my roll with half a kilo of industrial grade vegetable grease, i'll have neither, thanks.

Deli Worker:.....right you are, dickhead.

• Advertisement

They never have any idea how to make a decent sandwich/roll either.
    Even if you tell them what you want, in the order they should go in, they still decide to say put the tomatoes in last - when they nolonger fukcing fit!
    Idiots.

That's why you tell them one thing at a time. Also means you get more by saying one at a time, if you say 7 things they'll put them in, say one at a time and they put a load in because it could be ending at any time.

Advertisement